Whats the best Travel Tournament Vehicle ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2019
2021 Ford Explorer XLT here...has the 4cyl, but is plenty peppy with avg hwy mileage at 24.5mpg. We made sure to get the optional fold-down 3rd row seats for when DD wants to haul a few friends around too. Tow package with a hitch rack frees up a lot of interior space when we're packing heavy for long road trips.

May 18, 2019
7 year old tesla model s. Free supercharging, Netflix on the screen, tons of storage space autopilot does most of the driving for me, and I can sit in it for hours at 68 degrees on a hundred degree day. Charging is a bit of a pain but worth it for the other conveniences.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Toyota Camry Hybrid is the vehicle i drive most often, 46 mpg. I take that vehicle to out of town tournaments.

I also own a 2012 RAM crew cab. Use the truck for towing the boat. The boat really just collects dust in the garage since the kids are playing travel ball nearly every weekend. Really like driving the truck but 15mpg is not very good.

The wife drives a Chrysler Pacifica minivan. Very useful vehicle, kind of does everything ok but it is a minivan.

Jun 8, 2016
On most trips we take two cars. It is a waste of gas but with a 5YO and an 8YO having
two cars comes in handy.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We had a Chrysler Pacifica minivan until April of 2022 that we used for away events. I don't lease anymore because of the milage I put in the vehicles, so my latest one is a 21 GMC Acadia. Since June 24, 2021, I have put over 55,000 miles on it. We rotated my wife's Cadillac XT5 and my daughter's Equinox until she went away to college. Now, we mostly take the Acadia. It's got plenty of power, room, and comfort.

I'm the type of guy who won't drive over five hours anywhere. If it's greater than five hours, I'd rather fly and rent a car.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Had 2 trucks. F-150 King Ranch-4 door and Tundra Crewmax. Plenty of room inside and great storage in the bed. I recommend the Retrax rolling tonneau bed cover for any truck owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619