Whats the best Travel Tournament Vehicle ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I had a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 for about 20 minutes before I realized I wasn't a truck guy. I had to wait two months to get the title from NYS so I could sell it or trade it in. As soon as I got it in the mail, I traded it in for the Acadia. I hated the fact I couldn't park in the garage. Oh, and thanks to fuel economy standards, it had Dynamic Fuel Management, which was a nightmare. I blew the lifters on one bank of cylinders after 4,000 miles.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
That's like a law in TX right?
I had a Toyota Avalon before I purchased my first truck. I liked my F150 but love my Tundra. I don't think I will ever go back to a sedan.

Wife has the sedan. Lexus ES350-I like to drive it on occasion, but hate having to roll out of the car instead of stepping down out of the truck.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I had a Toyota Avalon before I purchased my first truck. I liked my F150 but love my Tundra. I don't think I will ever go back to a sedan.
It's too bad Toyota is pricing consumers out of the market with their ridiculous dealer add-ons. I saw a RAV4 with $12,000 of extras added by the dealer.

Jun 8, 2016
I am not a car guy...just don't break on me. If I didn't have a family I would probably ride a bike everywhere.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's too bad Toyota is pricing consumers out of the market with their ridiculous dealer add-ons. I saw a RAV4 with $12,000 of extras added by the dealer.
Bought my Tundra in 2019 used with 12K miles. Gotta killer deal on it. I could probably sell it today for more than I purchased it for. 91K miles and knock on wood, no issues whatsoever. Couldn't say the same for my F150. We are a Toyota/Lexus family as our mechanic specializes in those brands. DD bought herself a used Lexus (NX300)after graduation. Hoping it lasts a long time.

Jan 20, 2023
I like my Highlander Hybrid. Can haul 8 kids but also gets 28 MPG. I have a 2017 which is the last year with the bigger motor- I bet the new ones get better MPG. I might get 30 if I took my roof box off. But it’s good for stinky stuff and extra space.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Bought my Tundra in 2019 used with 12K miles. Gotta killer deal on it. I could probably sell it today for more than I purchased it for. 91K miles and knock on wood, no issues whatsoever. Couldn't say the same for my F150. We are a Toyota/Lexus family as our mechanic specializes in those brands. DD bought herself a used Lexus (NX300)after graduation. Hoping it lasts a long time.
I was raised by a father who was born during the height of the Great Depression and raised during the War. Two uncles served in the war, and one was wounded on Okinawa, so my Dad was always adamantly opposed to owning anything Japanese. He's 89 and still tries to buy domestically made-goods. It was drilled into me at a young age that I should "Never buy that Jap crap," and it's stuck with me to this day. That's not to say they don't build quality vehicles, and many of them are made in the USA, but something about sending money to Japan always irked him.

Oddly enough, he always admired German engineering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez