What is your number one reason you do this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your #1 reason for this softball journey?

• DD obtains a scholarship

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • DD learns the importance of hard work and overcoming adversity

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Social engagement for DD and the family

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Family time spent together

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • You hate money

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Have yet to figure it out

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Apr 28, 2014
I was talking to a softball parent today and I asked her if she ever visited DFP and she had no idea about this site. Now a quick Google would have brought her here. That had me thinking that some of us are in it deep and others just dabble. My guess is that it somewhat depends on why we do it.
So please vote for your #1 and only one reason why you do this. I know it's probably multiple reasons but pick one.
I promise we will only count real votes and you can see us count them :)

May 27, 2013
I wanted dd to realize that if she puts in the effort, she can go very far in life. Softball has provided that opportunity for her - getting into schools that may not have accepted her otherwise, and as they became within her grasp, doing everything academically that she could to seal the deal. It was never about getting a scholarship, for if that was the reason, she had other offers to choose from. As crazy as it sounds, softball pushed her to work hard academically, and that makes it all worth it in the end.

Feb 15, 2017
I was talking to a softball parent today and I asked her if she ever visited DFP and she had no idea about this site. Now a quick Google would have brought her here. That had me thinking that some of us are in it deep and others just dabble. My guess is that it somewhat depends on why we do it.
So please vote for your #1 and only one reason why you do this. I know it's probably multiple reasons but pick one.
I promise we will only count real votes and you can see us count them :)
I came her originally because I wanted to figure out how to improve my daughter's pitching abilty. I had watched what my DD's first pitching coach was teaching for mechanics versus what the mechanics of successful college pitchers.

I will say its amazing the number of coaches that never have heard or been to DFP. When I tell them about discussing something on DFP they look like I have a third eye.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2016
Looking for a bat for my DD back in 2015.

Since then why have I returned...

Helped me to be more engaged with my daughter.
I can use almost everything that happens on and off the field to show the positive in almost every senerio.

You get out what you put in. Why you grind as hard athletically as academically. I've told her no matter how great she is in all her sports that it (sports) doesn't define her as a person.

My softball journey has been absolutely insane.
Great, good, bad, and ugly at times. If I can help anyone else so they don't buy a bad glove. Make a good choice on what to do in a bad situation. Dealing with parents, player's, other coaches, game situations Etc..

The give and take.
Sometimes you might not like a response but if it makes you take pause or just take a moment to let it marinate maybe just maybe it can help.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hard time narrowing it down to one reason, but looking back, it all came back to one reason. ;)
1. Its Fun
2. Athletic Scholarship because playing in college is Fun
3. Continued playing after college because its Fun
4. Coach because its fun
5. Teach to help others have fun.

49 years 11 months and counting
because its fun 👍

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I came here initially to follow @Rick Pauly and @Hillhouse to learn pitching many moons ago.... I stayed because I found a ton of great people that are almost if not more interested in pitching than me. Been a great ride and wish more were still around like @Ken B (makes a stop here and there) and @javasource and so many others. Wish it was the same as it used to be but I still like to drop in and learn.

Apr 28, 2014
Great replies
My poll should have read "what's the #1 reason you support your DD in her softball journey".

Jun 8, 2016
G) Because I forgot how miserable I was the last few years I played and now every out, error, etc. feels pretty much the same as it did then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13