What do you listen to?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2016
To OP:
Wanted to post a response to your intial Procol Harum hi light. If you enjoy that song, there is a former DJ in the Philly area, Michael Tierson, who was a longtime DJ with the biggest FM outlet in town. For the 50th anniversary of station he came back did interview etc. The thing you may interested in is he had a alternate version of song with a lost verse that he artfully inserted. Pretty neat! If you Google him or WMMR, im sure there is a link to hear it.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Sorry I went AWOL, haha! Got sick and didn’t move for a few days. Very interesting to see what people listen too! My music depends on my mood a lot too. Saw Metallica and Queensryche on the Damaged Justice tour in HS. saw the Allman Brothers outdoors twice in the 90’s. Best show was Gregg Allman at the TN Theatre in Knoxville. Very old intimate setting with great acoustics!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Sorry I went AWOL, haha! Got sick and didn’t move for a few days. Very interesting to see what people listen too! My music depends on my mood a lot too. Saw Metallica and Queensryche on the Damaged Justice tour in HS. saw the Allman Brothers outdoors twice in the 90’s. Best show was Gregg Allman at the TN Theatre in Knoxville. Very old intimate setting with great acoustics!
Saw the Allman brothers around 2011 with Widespread Panic. Warren Haynes was playing with them. Great show!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Saw the Allman brothers around 2011 with Widespread Panic. Warren Haynes was playing with them. Great show!
One of the outdoor shows I saw in the 90’s, Derrick Trucks played with them as a young teen, probably 13 or 14 years old. If you haven’t listened to the Tedeschi Trucks band, check them out. Some great jam blues stuff.

May 27, 2013
Loved the Allman Bro’s. as well! Used to work their concerts at Waterloo Village, NJ back in the mid-90s. Awesome outdoor venue in the middle of nowhere. Worked some other great concerts there such as Lollapalooza, the HORDE Festival, and Phish. It’s a shame when they shut down the main concert field there.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
One of the outdoor shows I saw in the 90’s, Derrick Trucks played with them as a young teen, probably 13 or 14 years old. If you haven’t listened to the Tedeschi Trucks band, check them out. Some great jam blues stuff.
Listen to them as well. In fact, I believe Derek was playing with the Allman Brothers. ETA it was 2009. Dang that was 10 years ago.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
When I hear questions like what type of music I listen to I just can't help myself but to say, I listen to " both types of music. Country and Western." LOL Here is an example of a song that demonstrates why I listen to Country. If you do not know Craig Morgan, he lost one of his sons to a boating accident and so stopped making music for about 3 years. This is his first appearance back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K