What do you listen to?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Still love old rock and grunge. Poor kids today wouldn't know good (real) music even if Jimmy Page hit them upside the head with a Les Paul.

And there we go. This ^^^ is exactly what I was commenting about on Page 1...

I hear quite a few people (usually old guys) whining about how today's music sucks. I can't agree with that. Music is what moves each person, and what moves me might not move you, and that's okay. The musical influences for each of us are affected by the time and place, and what was happening in our lives. For most of us, our teenage and early adult years set the table for our preferences, and this is just as true for the younger generations. My kids dig Foo Fighters and Green Day, but it doesn't have the same place in their hearts that it does for me. Some of their music I like, but I don't have the same point of reference to feel it the same way.

To think that my musical preferences are "better" than anyone else's is arrogant.

Lots of good music is being made today by talented musicians, excellent songwriters, and inspired performers. Sometimes you just have to make a little bit of an effort to find it, but it's out there.

Oct 2, 2017
I listen to anything from metal (mostly new, but some older stuff), to jazz, to classic rock, blues, country, R&B. Even some new pop music. Mostly though its instrumental guitar stuff. Greg Howe, Guthry Trap, Guthry Govan, Steve Vai, etc. Joe Satriani being my all time favourite instamental artist, that I listen to atleast every other day.

Dec 17, 2019
And there we go. This ^^^ is exactly what I was commenting about on Page 1...

To think that my musical preferences are "better" than anyone else's is arrogant.

Lots of good music is being made today by talented musicians, excellent songwriters, and inspired performers. Sometimes you just have to make a little bit of an effort to find it, but it's out there.
Can’t quite tell, are you fussing, or not fussing? :unsure: Nah, I get what you’re saying, the thing about finding good music out there today......it takes a lot of effort!

Been cruising the Off Topic section, lots of great music posted in there!

And sorry, must have missed your post on page one.

Feb 25, 2018
Little bit of everything across the spectrum, from "indie" stuff, blues (Freddie King will get your toes a tappin), classic rock, modern rock,
some Pat Metheny (if my wife & kids aren't around) and some Robert Randolph & the Family Band to keep the winter blahs away.

No country (except maybe for some Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson).