What do you listen to?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Combination of metal, classic rock, and country. I will often go from Metallica, to Florida/Georgia line, to The Cars. Depends on my mood. I have been listening to Skillet recently.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Widespread Panic-I see them every year at Red Rocks before Boulder IDT tourney. Only the Sat and Sunday shows.

Been listening to Billy Strings a lot lately. Been selling out everywhere he plays this year.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My current musical tastes range all over the place.. My center is guitar-driven rock, with Metallica and Foo Fighters being two of my favorite all-time bands. I also have a love of blues, a deep like of country, and a growing fondness for current alt-rock. I don't care much for jazz, and there's very little rap and hip-hop I can tolerate. Top 40 radio is generally painful...but I've pretty much always felt that way about top 40.

I hear quite a few people (usually old guys) whining about how today's music sucks. I can't agree with that. Music is what moves each person, and what moves me might not move you, and that's okay. The musical influences for each of us are affected by the time and place, and what was happening in our lives. For most of us, our teenage and early adult years set the table for our preferences, and this is just as true for the younger generations. My kids dig Foo Fighters and Green Day, but it doesn't have the same place in their hearts that it does for me. Some of their music I like, but I don't have the same point of reference to feel it the same way.

As for Procol Harum...Nice song, but it's not really my thing.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I listen to mostly heavy music. My favorite band is Volbeat. I like most metal (Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera etc) and punk (The Vandals, Pennywise etc).

My oldest daughter has inherited my musical taste and is definitely a lot different from all her classmates and teammates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez