What Causes the Hips to Rotate in a HL Swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I feel like your bashing of FFS tells a lot about you. While he was a pain in the arse at times, I never thought any of his info was very far off from accurate.

And since you asked about why he was banned? The story is he asked how someone could come on here and promote a product for sale while anyone else would be deleted for it. (Very general paraphrase)

Sorta like what you have done on another thread here. Seems oddly ironic to me ...

Jul 29, 2013
Bobby Bobby Bobby , Front leg generates power????

Are you really going to continue with this.

There are people who come here to help their kids, I feel I would be doing them a disservice if I didn't tell them not to listen to any of your philosophy in regards to hitting.

So here it goes.

Don't listen to this guy! ^^^^^
643 you remind me of a girl who was working with me and told her dad, "I've never hit the ball so hard in my life!" She told him that I had changed her swing plane to a more upward swing path. He forbade her from listening to me because he was taught to swing down and I didn't know what I was talking about.
He was close-minded and so are you.
If you disagree, how about a counter point backed up with some pics or video?
Maybe you could answer some questions like, if the rear leg is the power leg, why is the movement on it so slow and controlled and not explosive? What muscles and movements of the back leg are involved with creating and transferring the power to the bat?
Why does it leave the ground before contact with the ball?
And why does it retract/flex and not extend?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Both legs better be supporting the core action/reactions or else hitters will be vulnerable to one pitch speed. One should not compromise the rear leg/hip relationship until the core calls for it. Putting the focus on one leg vs the other is a timing nightmare.

4FWUDbi.gif

bGwQFVw.gif

Hitters should be able to get into a leveraged hitting position (both legs) while continuing to load (sit) and be dynamic based on what the pitch calls for.

IY36z3t.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles