What are good plans for signing day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know signings are typically at the HS, but it chaps my rear end that @ 99% of my DD's college exposure will be through TB and the camps/clinic she attends.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
RB - Congrats to your DD! I suggest you invite all the DFP members, hire a caterer, and ask PC to photo-memorialize the event. Any food would be fine with me, but better order extra if GoingDeep is going to attend.

Think we can get RB to sponsor a reception after the signing with an open bar and a buffet?

Dec 7, 2011
Well we are officially going all out with this. HS coach is fired-up and Athletic Director is "On it" too.

One unfortunate piece of feedback though from the Athletic Director - "We will invite the one local newspaper,...but they don't attend these things...." Apparently we have a baseball player who is going to be an Arkansas Razerback and they wouldn't even show up for that!....

Just shows to go ya that "community's" can be sooooo diverse across the country.....

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well we are officially going all out with this. HS coach is fired-up and Athletic Director is "On it" too.

One unfortunate piece of feedback though from the Athletic Director - "We will invite the one local newspaper,...but they don't attend these things...." Apparently we have a baseball player who is going to be an Arkansas Razerback and they wouldn't even show up for that!....

Just shows to go ya that "community's" can be sooooo diverse across the country.....

I'd call the local paper, ask if they would send a reporter. If they can't accommodate I'd ask if YOU can submit a photo and a brief bio of your daughter and the signing. ( do the leg work for them ) I use to do this all the time for our travel ball tourneys. But as you stated.............every community is different.

Mar 26, 2013
I'd call the local paper, ask if they would send a reporter. If they can't accommodate I'd ask if YOU can submit a photo and a brief bio of your daughter and the signing. ( do the leg work for them ) I use to do this all the time for our travel ball tourneys. But as you stated.............every community is different.
Our local paper can't cover all the schools in our area, so we submit the picture(s) and info.

Dec 7, 2011

That's the ticket - just what I will do :)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Some great advice here. We did the ice cream, cake, cookies, soda, ... it got kind of big. We had multiple players sign on "signing day" from our school and, to be honest, none of them prepared and so, they all ate our stuff. We didn't mind and had plenty but some thought the school provided it. Not cool. If you are signing with an NCAA school, I don't think that the coach can be there and same with their "stuff." If it is NAIA, JUCO, ... then they can be there. DD invited every coach who had ever coached her. They all showed up although it really wasn't many coaches. That was neat. Per the press, if they don't show up, write up your own article and send it to them telling the reporters that you don't want credit for the article but would like for it to be edited and published. A lot of reporters will do that. Heck, that is how I got coverage for most of my teams. Most likely you will have official documents that will have to be mailed. We pretended to have those documents for dd to sign but didn't want to risk anything getting spilled on the papers. We used fake copies instead. Enjoy this time, it will be so much fun knowing that your dd is signed and now she can play without having to worry about her future. Congratulations!