What are good plans for signing day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
If you are signing with an NCAA school, I don't think that the coach can be there and same with their "stuff."

Ya I was thinking about this. DD is NCAA mid D1 and I asked her to ask the coach for the banner and the jersey - just to borrow - we would be happy to give it back - but I bet they can't do that.......

I will think about how to cover that one myself given this probably will be the case.

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Ya I was thinking about this. DD is NCAA mid D1 and I asked her to ask the coach for the banner and the jersey - just to borrow - we would be happy to give it back - but I bet they can't do that.......

I will think about how to cover that one myself given this probably will be the case.

Thanks!

They may "tell" you they can't......if they don't want to be bothered with it ( like out of state )......but they can. I had 2 of my personal players sign D1 and 3 D2 signing this past season. Coaches can't be there but they sent the banner sheet, ball cap, jersey. My nephew signed D1 baseball and same deal.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you are signing with an NCAA school, I don't think that the coach can be there and same with their "stuff." If it is NAIA, JUCO, ... then they can be there.

I have never seen a D1 college football coach at a signing, and if they are not there it is a safe bet that they are not allowed by the NCAA......

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I have never seen a D1 college football coach at a signing, and if they are not there it is a safe bet that they are not allowed by the NCAA......

The only way a NCAA coach can be present at a NLI signing is if it happens on the campus. Thats how it was in my day and I don't believe the rule has changed.

*** As always I could be proven wrong by today's standards but would like a link to see its changed.

Oct 14, 2008
The only way a NCAA coach can be present at a NLI signing is if it happens on the campus. Thats how it was in my day and I don't believe the rule has changed.

*** As always I could be proven wrong by today's standards but would like a link to see its changed.

You are correct the coach cannot be present at the signing. They are not allowed to be anywhere near it.

Your coach is pretty tight on unis and team equipment if shes going where I think she is , better off to just get a couple tees from their book store. you can buy banners there also, Or better yet hit the walmart right across the street from the college, youll save a load on fan wear there.

The wife went to a place that had tons of stuff for parties I think its a national chain. They had tons of brown and gold stuff to choose from, you can make it pretty nice for a pretty small sum.

A big congrats to your dd, a very nice accomplishment.

Tim

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2011
I know signings are typically at the HS, but it chaps my rear end that @ 99% of my DD's college exposure will be through TB and the camps/clinic she attends.

You can have two. It's really just ceremonial. If you want to have one at the travel ball facility you could do that as well. I'm sure most kids like the recognition they get from having it with some many of their school peers.

Dec 7, 2011
So update here since this was brought back to the front (thanks Flipper):

- DD's college invited all the 2014 recruits down to campus the weekend of the 9th. This was unexpected & COOL!
- We are going to get a table banner & hopefully a jersey from team while we are there. (to use for the signing party)
- I have the signing party at DD's hs on the 13th. We have tb coach, hs coach, and players & families blanket invited. We double-hit our local paper but who knows if they will show.... We also got her rec ball coaches from many many moons ago. :)
- I have a special monogrammed pen for her signing act.
- Cake/softdrinks/DD's brother as cameraman.

I think I have it all covered.....

I will share pics & thoughts just after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi