we learned 2 things today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Pick up a $25 Walmart bat and go have a HR derby with the $300 bat you bought. Report back with the difference.
He said if your 13yo barrels up, there isnt much diff between all the TOP of the line 300 dollar bats. Not 25
bats at Walmart

"You barrel up the ball (which should be the main concern for a 13 YO) and there will be minimal difference between all these 300+ dollar bats..certainly not 20 ft of difference."

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Whichever bat the player prefers to swing. A $15,000 bat won't cure a $25 swing.
There is a notible difference in high end bats. Size/location of sweet spot, swing weight, balance... and yes exit velocity.

You should know that.

Jun 8, 2016
There is a notible difference in high end bats. Size/location of sweet spot, swing weight, balance... and yes exit velocity.

You should know that.
MOI and balance (which are related) fall under player preference to some extent. Having a larger sweet spot would obviously be an advantage. I think the difference in exit speed, everything else being the same (eg swing speed and contact on sweet spot), wouldn’t be more than a few mph for all the high end bats. At least that is what I see when people post exit speed numbers using various bats 🤷🏽‍♂️ (and who knows how the other differences mentioned affect the swing speed/contact location in those cases)

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

You should know that.
I do know that, but you're arguing about variables in the swing. A clean mechanical swing is much more likely to barrel a ball up on the sweet spot than a bad swing. When a ball is hit on the sweet spot of any high-level bat, it's going to be hit hard. The EV differences are miniscule between the expensive models.

Ask yourself this question. Do you think Oklahoma would have hit a lot more home runs than they did if they were using Ghost bats instead of Mantras? I would bet the answer is no.

I have a daughter who has no personal affinity towards any bat brand. In the fall of 2021, she hit three home runs in one tournament with three different bats. Homer #1 was with her 2020 DS Ghost. Homer #2 was with her Marucci Echo Connect. Homer #3 was with her 2021 LXT. All three of them were over 200' fences, and they all cleared the fence by at least 20'. My daughter has a beautiful swing that she works very hard at all the time. Would she have hit a fourth homer that weekend with a Ghost versus her LXT? Not likely, as she didn't get enough launch angle on any of her other hits.

Honestly, go with the bat that makes your daughter the happiest and fits in your budget.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I do know that, but you're arguing about variables in the swing. A clean mechanical swing is much more likely to barrel a ball up on the sweet spot than a bad swing. When a ball is hit on the sweet spot of any high-level bat, it's going to be hit hard. The EV differences are miniscule between the expensive models.

Ask yourself this question. Do you think Oklahoma would have hit a lot more home runs than they did if they were using Ghost bats instead of Mantras? I would bet the answer is no.

I have a daughter who has no personal affinity towards any bat brand. In the fall of 2021, she hit three home runs in one tournament with three different bats. Homer #1 was with her 2020 DS Ghost. Homer #2 was with her Marucci Echo Connect. Homer #3 was with her 2021 LXT. All three of them were over 200' fences, and they all cleared the fence by at least 20'. My daughter has a beautiful swing that she works very hard at all the time. Would she have hit a fourth homer that weekend with a Ghost versus her LXT? Not likely, as she didn't get enough launch angle on any of her other hits.

Honestly, go with the bat that makes your daughter the happiest and fits in your budget.
So you think the LXT is the best? You could be right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207