we learned 2 things today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don't have any issue with them or any gadgets. Well balanced humans have hobbies..
So I've recently gotten Anna's BF into shooting, actually just bought him his first pistol. Last night he's texting me with tons of options on another new pistol already, he's hooked!

The whole thing is pretty funny considering his family (and you and I have talked about his family $$) is very liberal! I'm sure I've been talked about some!

Many here may disagree with me on this, I believe kids today (some, definitely not all) need to learn to shoot a firearm, and learn safety and the responsibility that comes with it! Maybe that's just the NC Southern boy in me?

Dec 11, 2010
I do love me some gadgets! The current favorite is a “grapple bucket” on my new JD 5075 tractor. I can grab brush and logs, pick them up and pile them where I want to.

We have a problem with honeysuckle trees here. They are small brushy trash trees that grow everywhere. As I figure out how to run my grapple I’m figuring out how to get hold of them and yank them out of the ground root and all.

My next toy is going to be a seeder that allows me to plant my deer food plots all in one pass. I don’t even hunt anymore but I love to see them.

Jun 8, 2016
deer food plots
ObGB0nT.gif

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My next toy is going to be a seeder that allows me to plant my deer food plots all in one pass. I don’t even hunt anymore but I love to see them.
We do as well. We love to see them outside. We have deer blocks and buy apples for them. We actually have had one deer that has been around for
4 years. She has raised babies around us that whole time and they come around. We sit under our outside pavillion and watch them.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We do as well. We love to see them outside. We have deer blocks and buy apples for them. We actually have had one deer that has been around for
4 years. She has raised babies around us that whole time and they come around. We sit under our outside pavillion and watch them.
We're surrounded by them (and the Elk)...most of the time it's great but other times they are a major PITA. Like big rats, eating and breaking stuff, we have fences around everything (young trees, gardens, etc.). But yeah, we have several "family members" who basically live here.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Ok,ok..my gadget comment wasn't meant to start a Bambi lovefest..bring your deer stories to the Off Topic Thread ;)
Back on the softball gadget topic. My girls call them toys. "Oh, Dad got a new toy." Over the years, I've spent thousands on every softball gadget I could get my hands on. I've been selling some off, or giving them away over the last two years. It was getting to the point of needing to build a second shed just to house everything.

I still think I'm nowhere near Rain Man's glove addiction, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01