we learned 2 things today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
They all sound horrible compared to wood anyway šŸ˜‰
100% agree!

I proposeā€¦.pitching rubber back to 40ā€™ where it used to be and bats, all bats be at a minimum of -5, or even BBCOR -3. Wood would be fine with me! Butā€¦.really strict on illegal pitches, hey we just gave you crybaby drama queens three less feet!

Should make things interesting. Man thereā€™d be some crying girls!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
100% agree!

I proposeā€¦.pitching rubber back to 40ā€™ where it used to be and bats, all bats be at a minimum of -5, or even BBCOR -3. Wood would be fine with me! Butā€¦.really strict on illegal pitches, hey we just gave you crybaby drama queens three less feet!

Should make things interesting. Man thereā€™d be some crying girls!
You think they're bad? You should hear some of those BBCOR and USA bats. If you ever have the misfortune of taking lessons next to a baseball player who uses one, bring eat plugs. That high pitched ping will rupture your eardrum.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
No, I'm saying there is no best. Use the bat that you like best. The differences are minimal.
Can you expand on this "Would she have hit a fourth homer that weekend with a Ghost versus her LXT? Not likely, as she didn't get enough launch angle on any of her other hits."

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Can you expand on this "Would she have hit a fourth homer that weekend with a Ghost versus her LXT? Not likely, as she didn't get enough launch angle on any of her other hits."
Seems pretty self-explanatory to me, but sure.

Her other hits were either ground balls or lower line drives, so regardless of what bat she was using, they weren't going out.

Is that clear enough for you?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Think about it for a second..no need for a study. What is sound?
You think they're bad? You should hear some of those BBCOR and USA bats. If you ever have the misfortune of taking lessons next to a baseball player who uses one, bring eat plugs. That high pitched ping will rupture your eardrum.
The composite BBCOR aren't very loud. The marruci aluminum cats and demarini voodoo are terribly loud, but exit velos are higher.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Seems pretty self-explanatory to me, but sure.

Her other hits were either ground balls or lower line drives, so regardless of what bat she was using, they weren't going out.

Is that clear enough for you?
Higher exit velocity not only adds distance it raises batting average and creates more ROE.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Higher exit velocity not only adds distance it raises batting average and creates more ROE.
You're either not listening, or just being obtuse. The exit velocities between these high-level bats is minimal, and they probably don't go the way you think they do.

Either way, I'm done arguing with you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaciā€™s biggest fan