The Spring Games 2024

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I just mapped it out from my house to Clermont. It would be approximately 1,200 miles each way, so 2,400 miles without any driving down there. According to Google Maps, it would take 18:40 to get there, but with how I drive, it would be closer to 17:00. Google always overestimates the time or assumes I go the speed limit.

Gas would cost me about $325 roundtrip, and I figure the tolls would be another $75, so let's say a total of $400 for gas and tolls. I figure six meal stops each way for $150 for two people.

Here's the thing: I cannot drive straight through without a hotel stop anymore, making the trip four days of driving and adding another $500 to my cost. So, I would be into it for at least $1,050 to drive down.

I can fly down on Southwest direct to Orlando for $635 total, and the rental car would cost me another $500. If you're going with four people who can drive, it's cheaper than flying. Still, at 52 years old, I will take my chances with the airlines. I have too many bad memories of the family trips to Disney in the 1970s packed into a 1977 Chevy Impala Station Wagon with just an AM radio.

Jun 11, 2012
we have learned DD1 is in Kissimmee & Clermont March 2-9, so am looking at vrbo as we speak

the GF, DD2 & her BF are all making the drive from Maine to FLA, which should be an adventure....
Suffolk will be there around then. Not sure of the exact dates. DD wants to go because her roommate and best friend are still on the team. Going to suggest a trip to see my dad and hopefully catch a few days of games if we can make it work. We went to the fall double header with her and the dog last Saturday. She learned why we’re always laughing behind the outfield fence when she had an adult beverage handed to her almost as soon as we got there.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
we have learned DD1 is in Kissimmee & Clermont March 2-9, so am looking at vrbo as we speak

the GF, DD2 & her BF are all making the drive from Maine to FLA, which should be an adventure....

For some reason, I was thinking Maine to Kissimmee would be shorter than driving from Chicago to Kissimmee. I was wrong, lol. That is a pretty far drive.

Every time we drive Chicago to Clearwater Florida we say we will never do it again. Then the following year we end up driving again. We usually go for 10-12 days over Christmas and New Years. The main reason we drive is so we don't have to get a car rental. It is about an 18 hours drive.

May 20, 2015
What? Dang, I missed that. I

same

did my dumb rear start this in the equipment forum, or did it get moved lol?

booked accommodations yesterday, simple town house in one of the old resorts in clermont, right on the main drag.....good price, can access their amenities, small private pool, kitchen, etc - all cheaper than what i'd spend on a long weekend's hotel in portland, me lol

May 27, 2013
find out what?

DDs team was told where they will be playing......don't think they have a schedule yet, though

Wondering how you found out which week and location. DD’s team goes there as well but she hasn’t been told anything yet, so thought maybe you saw it on the web page or app.

May 20, 2015
Wondering how you found out which week and location. DD’s team goes there as well but she hasn’t been told anything yet, so thought maybe you saw it on the web page or app.

no......when is simple, i know when DDs spring break is.......last year they flew down the Friday before, played Sunday......we expect the same schedule this year

D3 this year is Kissimee/Clermont/Leesburg (download the Spring Games app) - so I was holding off on booking a place until we ruled out Leesburg, as that looks to be a bit of an outlier.......DD was told by her coach yesterday that they were Kissimee/Clermont, so I booked through VRBO yesterday......

May 27, 2013
no......when is simple, i know when DDs spring break is.......last year they flew down the Friday before, played Sunday......we expect the same schedule this year

D3 this year is Kissimee/Clermont/Leesburg (download the Spring Games app) - so I was holding off on booking a place until we ruled out Leesburg, as that looks to be a bit of an outlier.......DD was told by her coach yesterday that they were Kissimee/Clermont, so I booked through VRBO yesterday......

I’m hoping we are the same. Last year we were Wintergarden and Auburndale and I stayed in the middle of nowhere. Would love to be back at Clermont again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles