The Spring Games 2024

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I would rather be set on fire than make that drive. I haven't done a drive like that since Spring Break in 1990, and I vowed never to do it again.

I think my daughter's spring games are the following week in 2024.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
we have learned DD1 is in Kissimmee & Clermont March 2-9, so am looking at vrbo as we speak

the GF, DD2 & her BF are all making the drive from Maine to FLA, which should be an adventure....
Cool, those drives can be great and the memories made are usually far better than waiting in line for the TSA check (don't forget to take those shoes off folks...pfffft) and then finding out your flight is delayed or cancelled anyway.

We're in Clermont the week of the 17th, haven't booked anything yet but been looking. Prices have jumped again it seems.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Cool, those drives can be great and the memories made are usually far better than waiting in line for the TSA check (don't forget to take those shoes off folks...pfffft) and then finding out your flight is delayed or cancelled anyway.

We're in Clermont the week of the 17th, haven't booked anything yet but been looking. Prices have jumped again it seems.
It would help if you got TSA Precheck. No lines, and you don't have to take your shoes off.

May 20, 2015
I had to look up how far that was - that'll be a journey !

22ish hours, not accounting for gas/pee/food stops......it will be 4 adults, i figure it will cost roughly $300 each way for gas/tolls.....we can leave school Friday at 230, drive straight through, be ready for the pool in the afternoon on saturday......get up early the following saturday and head home

there will be 4 adults in the car, so i figure i'll drive until we get past NYC somewhere.....and then pick it up again around daybreak

i've done the drive once, it was pretty easy in my early 20's lol

i did the math on my buying 3 airline tickets, and how crappy everyone's flights have been lately.......this option sounds better

Apr 1, 2017
We made the drive from Chicago to SW Florida many time as the kids were growing up. It was typically a 24 hour trip straight through, once you included stops for gas, food, etc. Definitely cheaper than 5 people flying, and rental car while there, but it still sucked.

As we've gotten older, that long in a car gets harder. Final travel tournament last summer was Chicago to Cocoa Beach. We stopped for a hotel somewhere in Georgia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles