Want other coaches opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2008
I just love it: "She should start becasue she did ok 1 time in 10U" The depths to which parents will go in the gutters never ceases to amaze me. Glad the players have a coach like you who is willing to tolerate this kind of nonsense and remain focused on them.

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
I just love it: "She should start becasue she did ok 1 time in 10U" The depths to which parents will go in the gutters never ceases to amaze me. Glad the players have a coach like you who is willing to tolerate this kind of nonsense and remain focused on them.

Thank you. And honestly, thats how i stay grounded. All my energy is focused on them, not the parents etc. The best part is, the players know it and thats all that matters.

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
*Update*
The mother was officially banned from all sporting events on the school property, whcih means she no can't even go watch her son in LL baseball.
When i arrived at practice yesterday, the father was waiting. I wasn't concerned about a physical altercation, but i didn't want any more additional drama. Good thing Asst coach pulled in at the same time. As we both were heading to the field, i acted like nothing was going on and i said, good afternoon Mr. ______ . He replies that he would like to speak to me in private, i said I'm sorry, that his family lost that right, but he could speak with me with the asst. present. He proceeds to tell me that i suck and so does my staff. He thought it best that i rersign at the end of season. (Varsity is 15-2 and JV were 10-4) and we are heading to playoffs, for the 1st time in a couple years. My asst coach is ready to go Ape s**t. He tells me our batting style is all wrong and ask if i've watched a pro game? I said as a matter of fact yes, my family had gone to Ohio a couple years ago to watch womens pro fast pitch world series.. He says no no, i meant the phillies. We don't hit like them?? I smiled and told him he was correct, we in fact don't hit like the phillies. he went on with some other things, but after 10 minutes, i said i need to get practice started. I told him i appreciated his constructive critisism. I then said i had no intention of resigning, nor had thoughts of getting rid of any of the staff.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Oh, dear. This family could be dangerous. I would seriously secure my home.

It is too bad that you have to deal with stuff like this.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Oh, dear. This family could be dangerous. I would seriously secure my home.

It is too bad that you have to deal with stuff like this.

Seriously! PAcoach, what general part of the state are you in so I don't unexpectedly run into this family!!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
*Update*
The mother was officially banned from all sporting events on the school property, whcih means she no can't even go watch her son in LL baseball.
When i arrived at practice yesterday, the father was waiting. I wasn't concerned about a physical altercation, but i didn't want any more additional drama. Good thing Asst coach pulled in at the same time. As we both were heading to the field, i acted like nothing was going on and i said, good afternoon Mr. ______ . He replies that he would like to speak to me in private, i said I'm sorry, that his family lost that right, but he could speak with me with the asst. present. He proceeds to tell me that i suck and so does my staff. He thought it best that i rersign at the end of season. (Varsity is 15-2 and JV were 10-4) and we are heading to playoffs, for the 1st time in a couple years. My asst coach is ready to go Ape s**t. He tells me our batting style is all wrong and ask if i've watched a pro game? I said as a matter of fact yes, my family had gone to Ohio a couple years ago to watch womens pro fast pitch world series.. He says no no, i meant the phillies. We don't hit like them?? I smiled and told him he was correct, we in fact don't hit like the phillies. he went on with some other things, but after 10 minutes, i said i need to get practice started. I told him i appreciated his constructive critisism. I then said i had no intention of resigning, nor had thoughts of getting rid of any of the staff.

I think you should have mentioned they were Phillies fans in the first place. All of this would have made more sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck