Walk up Speaker

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Kid’s got good taste!

If/when I’m the team d.j., I’m leading with Pat Travers Band, “Snortin’ Whiskey”.

I‘m thinking this calls for a List Of Walk Out Music Songs That Might Be A Bad Idea in the Off Topic post….
Followed by Boom, boom, out goes the lights!

Feb 15, 2017
Walkout music would be fine if you were the only game playing at a complex.

Just another example of people who think the Sun orbits around them and no one else exists in the world.

I knew this was going to be “for the girls”. Sure it is.
Worked a few showcases where the folks playing music don't understand that the other game on the field next to them is ongoing. This was showcases with major college coaches and the coaches didn't put a stop to it.

If you're the hitting kittens in rec ball it is one thing. If it's travel ball 16u and above I'd say think twice.

And for what it is worth it in the dueling between inning music and not the walk up songs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
I’m in the walkup-music-is-an-abomination category, but one consideration that has not been brought up is how music effects streaming.

YouTube and Facebook will both cut off streams if they pick up any commercial music. It’s not just 18U Diamond Elite players looking to get recruited who stream their games, DD has always had teammates with far-flung relatives who watch the games online.

I do like the announcements (especially as a scorekeeper), but keep the music out of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seen a lot of that lately. Games get stopped mid stream from copyrighted music

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2012
DD was never on a team that used walk up music until college. It doesn’t bother me at all and by mid season I can tell who is up without looking.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I’m not 100% against walk up music but am also not encouraging it. I’ve not experienced a team that ever over did it on the volume. It was just enough for spectators to hear it, but if you were sitting behind the OF Im not sure you could make it out. But this was all 10u/12u C. Wasn’t make or break softball and was all for fun.

My old man opinion is the level of volume for mid-inning music. DD’s school field always plays it and it’s too loud 9 out of 10 times. There is an audible sigh of relief whenever it turns off.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
You all just wait until the Savannah Bananas walkup "song" mind set comes to travel ball. I've seen a guy playing a guitar and singing his own walk up song, golf caddie handing the batter a bat. But my personal favorite is the guy used the Bananas Marching Band to walk up with him and play his song on each at bat. :)

Jan 24, 2020
Spent some quality hours on the road shuffling through potential walk up songs with my DD, fun discussions about pros & cons, truly wonderful Daddy-Daughter time. The team that spurred this discussion has yet to break out the speaker, so from a purely selfish dad POV I love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi