Eye contacts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2022
Wondering how many kids wear contacts on the field? I have a 12u catcher. Any pros or cons? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2020
My 18U has been wearing them for two seasons. Finally was able to get into dailys this year. The biweekly were cheaper, but in softball there was always the chance they would get ripped.

12U just went to them this season. We needed to trial a bunch but she is in dailys also.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My DD occasionally wore glasses on the field. She did not do it very often so she never had contacts.

I wore contacts when I played, blind as a bat. Contacts were so much better while playing ball and your eyes are going all over the place which is not great for glasses because you need to turn your head.

Like Gmorg mentioned have a plan B and C ready when she plays if she really needs them.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Should also add, keep on hand a spare set contacts and rewetting drops.

Had a few instances of a lost contact or one bothering her or dry eyes and needed those.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Very good point. Always keep an extra pair or two in the bat bag. I would also suggest bringing her regular glasses all the time also for road trips. Sometimes you get something in your eye that scratches your eyeball. If your eye is scratched, contacts make it worse. Glasses are a another back plan. This does not happen often.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was thinking about this a little bit, is there a chance the contact solution will evaporate with the temperatures girls play in sometimes and how long they can be on the field?

Jul 27, 2021
My DD is a catcher with contacts. She started them a year ago during 12u. She loves them. Probably never go back to frames and lenses. We do have some nice sports glasses for when she might need them.

Apr 21, 2022
Mine wears glasses for reading and school work but not softball. I kinda want her to wear them and wee if she can pick up the ball rotation better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad