Eye contacts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2017
MI
I am an optometrist by trade. Contact lenses are great for sports. For softball, the player will have a wider field of view and the best correction in place to optimize their vision during play. I always recommend the daily soft contact lenses to any of my teen patients as they are the safest modality of contact lens wear. In this day and age, nearly any prescription can be corrected with contact lenses, even astigmatism (out of roundness of the eye).

Prescription sport glasses and or sunglasses offer the most protection. Yes, glasses tend to fog up more and get dirty and scratched more often. The field of view in glasses is also narrower than with contact lenses as you can look beyond the edge of the frames and there is no correction.

As others have mentioned, always keep a spare pair or two of contact lenses on hand and solution in case a lens gets torn, irritated, etc. Same with glasses, a spare pair will be a lifesaver if a player's only pair is stepped on, scratched, or lost!

I have high school, college, and even a few professional athletes in nearly every sport wearing contact lenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad