Videos of my 10U DD taking cuts during batting practice, front toss from 20 feet,

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
What is the basic sequence of hitting a softball, feet, hands, lead with hips, not hands, stay short and compact power v, no separation between back elbow and rib cage, head still all the way through the swing?

One of the best answers I've seen is in jbooth's post #3. I'd cut and paste that for a handy reference.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I have all my girls moving something because, I'm a firm believer in that you cant hit from static, (no movement), My DD over exaggerates most things I suggested the toe tap, just as timing mechanism, not to swing like there is no tomorrow. I told her to move her hands or hips a little bit, to help her stay loose and relaxed and you see once again, exaggeration, of the swing. What is the "proper fastpitch hitting sequence. I've told them a thousand times, especially my DD inner third, middle third, outer third is the same swing, with the outer third we have been constantly trying to make them let the ball get deeper and that same swing will hit pissers to right field if rightly, or left field, if lefty. We will face a lefty who look to me to throw a basic rollover drop and she lives on the outer 3rd, they beat us 3-2 in a drop dead tournament, which I will never ever play in again, we had runners and 2nd and 3rd, with our best hitter up with only one out and we was the home team and the time ran out so we just lost. What videos are out there or if any of you guys have anything on fast pitch hitting, please email me at kevinlasiter77@gmail.com. IN all reality she is just 10 and I'm proud of her if she goes 0-4 or 4-4 if she is loving what she is doing. She is not the practice player, and drives me crazy because I see her make plays, and I forget she's 10, but I've grown to expect those plays out of her, I still congratulate her, when she makes a great play, but she is a monster at 5 out of the 6 infields spots, excluding catcher, but her work ethic is the only thing from her being great back behind the plate. She has a hose for an arm overhanded, she just has to hit, so tear down her swing, somebody please email me how to do this. Any drills or any "GOOD" youtube clips or something to get her going in the right direction. Tonight I had her doing lead arm off the tee, switch knees and arm, then on both knees, then up on their feet, then repeated doing soft toss. We are a genuine rec league team all-star team, we had 22 kids to choose from, we are playing in District Asa in south Arkansas, starting Friday night, then starting Wednesday we start state babe ruth, and then we are going to regionals in Houma, LA. These girls aren't very good but My DD throws strikes with above average velo for around here and and a pretty good change against 10 years olds. She will hit 41-43, then change up is like 26-29. 3 more legit all-stars, catcher, ss, and 1st or 3rd depending how she is acting that day. Any way guys, thanks for all the advice, and wish us luck in the asa district, we are probably going to get hammered, but I want them to have all the experience they can get now, then go to babe ruth state, we will compete for the top two spots in that easy. and my ultimate goal is to play in Houma, LA in regionals, once in a lifetime experience for these girls in south Arkansas. Sorry for the book I wrote. One more thing, if anybody wants to donate to our league, or knows someone that loves girls softball, give them my email address, we will have a Tax I.D. number, so you can use it as a tax right off. you clear up in a week. Hitting is more a process. What is the basic sequence of hitting a softball, feet, hands, lead with hips, not hands, stay short and compact power v, no separation between back elbow and rib cage, head still all the way through the swing?

What's with all the babble you included?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I would use someone else then above . Go to RVP at picture #3 and post side by side of different players. Maybe its just me look at the bat and front leg. Draw a line at the hands and see if you notice anything? I'm sure somone like rdbass can post pictures.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Posting these because of a request (most know the source) but, also to learn the differences.
PujolsJonesFramed.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
What's with all the babble you included?

Sorry I offended you with my "babble". This is a softball discussion board and smart asses like you, is the reason effective as soon as this post is posted, I'm deleting my account. I've enjoyed reading and learning on this site. All I was "babbling" is that I care deeply about youth sports, I'm 35 years old and have coaching baseball since I was a 17 year old kid, FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME, and now I switch to softball, and have really looked to the more advanced people on certain aspects about the game. You have a lot of thanks, but for somebody that "knows so much about the game, and ask me about babble, when I'm explaining my daughter, our inexperienced team, and a lot of pressure from starting this new charter, you didn't have to read the post. but this is last one from me FIVEFRAMESMARTASS. We will make fine without this website, my daughter is a freak athlete and I will post her again in a year from now, without your opinion. To everyone else that is has been very helpful, I say THANK YOU!! IT's a huge difference in knowing, teaching, and relaying the information that you know, than to be a cocky know it all smart rear, that think he/she is better than everyone else. I've been coaching a long time my self, but when it comes to your own daughter, I was merely asking for an unbiased outsider opinion. Then you really me about babble? Wow, real maturity, you show there Coach, or Know it all

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Sorry I offended you with my "babble". This is a softball discussion board and smart asses like you, is the reason effective as soon as this post is posted, I'm deleting my account. I've enjoyed reading and learning on this site. All I was "babbling" is that I care deeply about youth sports, I'm 35 years old and have coaching baseball since I was a 17 year old kid, FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME, and now I switch to softball, and have really looked to the more advanced people on certain aspects about the game. You have a lot of thanks, but for somebody that "knows so much about the game, and ask me about babble, when I'm explaining my daughter, our inexperienced team, and a lot of pressure from starting this new charter, you didn't have to read the post. but this is last one from me FIVEFRAMESMARTASS. We will make fine without this website, my daughter is a freak athlete and I will post her again in a year from now, without your opinion. To everyone else that is has been very helpful, I say THANK YOU!! IT's a huge difference in knowing, teaching, and relaying the information that you know, than to be a cocky know it all smart rear, that think he/she is better than everyone else. I've been coaching a long time my self, but when it comes to your own daughter, I was merely asking for an unbiased outsider opinion. Then you really me about babble? Wow, real maturity, you show there Coach, or Know it all

Here's your post .... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/14834-videos-my-10u-dd-taking-cuts-during-batting-practice-front-toss-20-feet.html#post175389

In your post you added a significant amount or silly verbiage that you attributed to me. Why?

As for the "smart rear" comment ... I think you better address the question as to why you are adding nonsense verbiage to posts.

Specifically ... you wrote the following and attributed it to me .... and the question is, what is with all this babble?

I have all my girls moving something because, I'm a firm believer in that you cant hit from static, (no movement), My DD over exaggerates most things I suggested the toe tap, just as timing mechanism, not to swing like there is no tomorrow. I told her to move her hands or hips a little bit, to help her stay loose and relaxed and you see once again, exaggeration, of the swing. What is the "proper fastpitch hitting sequence. I've told them a thousand times, especially my DD inner third, middle third, outer third is the same swing, with the outer third we have been constantly trying to make them let the ball get deeper and that same swing will hit pissers to right field if rightly, or left field, if lefty. We will face a lefty who look to me to throw a basic rollover drop and she lives on the outer 3rd, they beat us 3-2 in a drop dead tournament, which I will never ever play in again, we had runners and 2nd and 3rd, with our best hitter up with only one out and we was the home team and the time ran out so we just lost. What videos are out there or if any of you guys have anything on fast pitch hitting, please email me at kevinlasiter77@gmail.com. IN all reality she is just 10 and I'm proud of her if she goes 0-4 or 4-4 if she is loving what she is doing. She is not the practice player, and drives me crazy because I see her make plays, and I forget she's 10, but I've grown to expect those plays out of her, I still congratulate her, when she makes a great play, but she is a monster at 5 out of the 6 infields spots, excluding catcher, but her work ethic is the only thing from her being great back behind the plate. She has a hose for an arm overhanded, she just has to hit, so tear down her swing, somebody please email me how to do this. Any drills or any "GOOD" youtube clips or something to get her going in the right direction. Tonight I had her doing lead arm off the tee, switch knees and arm, then on both knees, then up on their feet, then repeated doing soft toss. We are a genuine rec league team all-star team, we had 22 kids to choose from, we are playing in District Asa in south Arkansas, starting Friday night, then starting Wednesday we start state babe ruth, and then we are going to regionals in Houma, LA. These girls aren't very good but My DD throws strikes with above average velo for around here and and a pretty good change against 10 years olds. She will hit 41-43, then change up is like 26-29. 3 more legit all-stars, catcher, ss, and 1st or 3rd depending how she is acting that day. Any way guys, thanks for all the advice, and wish us luck in the asa district, we are probably going to get hammered, but I want them to have all the experience they can get now, then go to babe ruth state, we will compete for the top two spots in that easy. and my ultimate goal is to play in Houma, LA in regionals, once in a lifetime experience for these girls in south Arkansas. Sorry for the book I wrote. One more thing, if anybody wants to donate to our league, or knows someone that loves girls softball, give them my email address, we will have a Tax I.D. number, so you can use it as a tax right off. you clear up in a week.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2013
Here's your post .... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/14834-videos-my-10u-dd-taking-cuts-during-batting-practice-front-toss-20-feet.html#post175389

In your post you added a significant amount or silly verbiage that you attributed to me. Why?

As for the "smart rear" comment ... I think you better address the question as to why you are adding nonsense verbiage to posts.

Specifically ... you wrote the following and attributed it to me .... and the question is, what is with all this babble?

I have all my girls moving something because, I'm a firm believer in that you cant hit from static, (no movement), My DD over exaggerates most things I suggested the toe tap, just as timing mechanism, not to swing like there is no tomorrow. I told her to move her hands or hips a little bit, to help her stay loose and relaxed and you see once again, exaggeration, of the swing. What is the "proper fastpitch hitting sequence. I've told them a thousand times, especially my DD inner third, middle third, outer third is the same swing, with the outer third we have been constantly trying to make them let the ball get deeper and that same swing will hit pissers to right field if rightly, or left field, if lefty. We will face a lefty who look to me to throw a basic rollover drop and she lives on the outer 3rd, they beat us 3-2 in a drop dead tournament, which I will never ever play in again, we had runners and 2nd and 3rd, with our best hitter up with only one out and we was the home team and the time ran out so we just lost. What videos are out there or if any of you guys have anything on fast pitch hitting, please email me at kevinlasiter77@gmail.com. IN all reality she is just 10 and I'm proud of her if she goes 0-4 or 4-4 if she is loving what she is doing. She is not the practice player, and drives me crazy because I see her make plays, and I forget she's 10, but I've grown to expect those plays out of her, I still congratulate her, when she makes a great play, but she is a monster at 5 out of the 6 infields spots, excluding catcher, but her work ethic is the only thing from her being great back behind the plate. She has a hose for an arm overhanded, she just has to hit, so tear down her swing, somebody please email me how to do this. Any drills or any "GOOD" youtube clips or something to get her going in the right direction. Tonight I had her doing lead arm off the tee, switch knees and arm, then on both knees, then up on their feet, then repeated doing soft toss. We are a genuine rec league team all-star team, we had 22 kids to choose from, we are playing in District Asa in south Arkansas, starting Friday night, then starting Wednesday we start state babe ruth, and then we are going to regionals in Houma, LA. These girls aren't very good but My DD throws strikes with above average velo for around here and and a pretty good change against 10 years olds. She will hit 41-43, then change up is like 26-29. 3 more legit all-stars, catcher, ss, and 1st or 3rd depending how she is acting that day. Any way guys, thanks for all the advice, and wish us luck in the asa district, we are probably going to get hammered, but I want them to have all the experience they can get now, then go to babe ruth state, we will compete for the top two spots in that easy. and my ultimate goal is to play in Houma, LA in regionals, once in a lifetime experience for these girls in south Arkansas. Sorry for the book I wrote. One more thing, if anybody wants to donate to our league, or knows someone that loves girls softball, give them my email address, we will have a Tax I.D. number, so you can use it as a tax right off. you clear up in a week.

Guess I was just talking about my current situation. Stressed about the new league and I just added a bit about what was going on with us and me doing everything in my power to get girls game to another level. I apologize for saying smart rear. Next time just don't read my posts. That will solve everytihing

Oct 25, 2009
Guess I was just talking about my current situation. Stressed about the new league and I just added a bit about what was going on with us and me doing everything in my power to get girls game to another level. I apologize for saying smart rear. Next time just don't read my posts. That will solve everytihing

Not sure, but what I believe happened with your post is that the web page markup code got misplaced and made it appear that FFS had posted it.

Not siding with anyone about this mix up but don't run off so easily. There is a lot of good stuff to be learned here.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
I wouldn't take offense to "What's with all the babble you included?" FFS was just making an off hand comment about not needing to quote a large post when a small segment would have been more to the point and easier for everyone on DFP to follow. FFS has a lot of great insight to offer in his own style. FFS just likes to keep things pithy.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I wouldn't take offense to "What's with all the babble you included?" FFS was just making an off hand comment about not needing to quote a large post when a small segment would have been more to the point and easier for everyone on DFP to follow. FFS has a lot of great insight to offer in his own style. FFS just likes to keep things pithy.

Not quite. Let me be more clear. I consider it dishonest when someone edits the content of the user that they are replying to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028