Video taping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 2, 2012
Trying to tape dd pitching with my ipad and then use coaches eye to slow down. But arm speed is too blurry to see. Any good cameras to use, that won't break the bank.

Jan 25, 2011
Get a golf app. For your IPad called swing plane it is for golf put you can use it to slow it way down. My dd and I both have it on our IPads. I think it was free.

May 17, 2012
There is another recent thread that was discussing cameras that were suitable for capturing quick movements (pitching, batting). The problem with the ipads and iphones is that they do not capture enough frames per second so even if you do have an app that slows down the movement it will still be blurry.

Jun 18, 2010
There is another recent thread that was discussing cameras that were suitable for capturing quick movements (pitching, batting). The problem with the ipads and iphones is that they do not capture enough frames per second so even if you do have an app that slows down the movement it will still be blurry.

Here is a screen shot comparing the iPad (Coaches Eye) vs the Kodak Playsport. I just got the playsport Saturday off of CraigsList for $40. The detail is much better... not perfect, but an acceptable low cost alternative.

iPadvsPlaysport_zpsc9bde693.png

I'll post this on the other thread too.

May 17, 2012
Any chance you could post the video from the playsport? I am getting ready to buy one but I am still not sure. I completely agree the screenshots look better than the ipad/iphone.

Nov 14, 2011
A couple other apps that you might want to try are SloPro and Ubersense. I have used SloPro for the past week with decent success and I was just told about Ubersense today so I can't talk much about that app.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Here is a screen shot comparing the iPad (Coaches Eye) vs the Kodak Playsport. I just got the playsport Saturday off of CraigsList for $40. The detail is much better... not perfect, but an acceptable low cost alternative.

iPadvsPlaysport_zpsc9bde693.png

I'll post this on the other thread too.

Two totally different kinds of videos ...inside & outside... that speaks to the detail. I wish Frozen rope would post one of his video with his high speed camera....

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Just got an ipad mini, and downloaded Ubersense based on a friends recommendation. I like the app, easy to work with, playback down to 1/8 speed steady, and you can drag frame-by-frame with a finger. It's also FREE. Coach is a RVP user and was very interested in Ubersense as well.

I experienced the same issues with the iPad and invisible-armed-pitchers, but as noted above I was indoors under fluorescent lights. I'm going to drag out the wife's Sony HD vid cam and do some comparisons before saying anything more on that.

Jun 21, 2010
I use Panasonic ZS-20 sometimes. I can analyze video on the camera and look at frame by frame, and grab a frame shot. I do this to check DD's swing and throwing mechanics. I sometimes use my iPhone 4s and shoot my DD hitting indoors. Use an app called VideoPix to watch frame by frame as well. I noticed that the iPhone 4s is 24FPS. The app will allow you to slow it down to 1FPS. Frame grabs as well. The 4s does well indoors--not too much blur.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish