VIDEO: Any tips on my hitting form?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

This is a video of me hitting off my tee. I don't know if I put this tee together correctly because all I do is sit the tube on top of the mat (lol) and had no idea how to put it together so everytime I hit the ball it falls. Anyway-in this video the ball is a fly ball and hits the fence. Also-does anyone have any good plyometric upper body exercises that use little to no equipment? thanks, mel :)
YouTube - Oscarnodwannabe's Channel

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Looks like a shutt tee. The bolt comes out of the tube and you reinstall it from underneath the plate part back into the tube

Straightleg

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Animated Plyometric Exercises

I would like for you to start with your hands down towards your shoulders more. That will help you get more bat speed and get rid of a possible "loopy swing." The camera needs to be on the other side of you, for us to see very much.

Are you hitting in the middle of the road?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This is a video of me hitting off my tee. I don't know if I put this tee together correctly because all I do is sit the tube on top of the mat (lol) and had no idea how to put it together so everytime I hit the ball it falls. Anyway-in this video the ball is a fly ball and hits the fence. Also-does anyone have any good plyometric upper body exercises that use little to no equipment? thanks, mel :)
YouTube - Oscarnodwannabe's Channel

10zo60x.jpg

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Compare your swing to video clips that are all over this website and ask yourself the following -

Are any of the good hitters that far away from the plate?
Do any of the good hitters start with their hands there?
Do any of the good hitters initiate the forward to the ball movement with their hands swooping low like yours and does their bat barrel ever get as low as yours behind them and then upper cut?

You can help teach yourself a lot by answering these questions and beginning to adjust accordingly.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
FF

What do you use to grap the clip and slow it down.

Thanks for doing that. Really helps to see the swing at that speed

Straightleg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FF

What do you use to grap the clip and slow it down.

Thanks for doing that. Really helps to see the swing at that speed

Straightleg

I use ULead GIF Animator to create GIFs. The playing speed is more a function of your web browser. If you use Internet Explorer it will play rather slow. If you use Fire Fox it will play faster. My preference is to use Fire Fox. You can download the GIF and play it in a tool such as QuickTime where you can view it on a frame-by-frame basis.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Lets talk about the good points of that swing

She gets a pretty good load into the back leg. She seperates her hands back as she goes out to toe touch. That part is hard to teach sometimes.

Corrections
I think if you start top hand at the top of your shoulder, or abit higher. When you hit some try to lock lead arm closer to your chest on rotation.

Put a piece of electrical tape on the sweet part of the bat 4-5 inches from the end.

When hitting off tee think hands tighter to body with your front arm locked in and focus releasing the bat barrel so the electrical tape hits the ball.

If you can do this try to video a swing from the other side.

Good Luck
Straightleg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs