USSSA roster rule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Am I interpreting this correctly? It seems to me that picking up players for USSSA tournaments will be almost impossible with this new rule. Our schedule for spring is very USSSA heavy but we only have 9. Our plan, if we don't find a couple more by the end of next month, was to pick up a couple til the right players came along (or, just indefinitely if we have to). Do we need to switch to play more in other sanctions? The guy who runs the PGF tourneys here runs the best tourneys in the state, but the competition level is lower (probably more on our level right now, honestly, but we also want to push them a bit). This seems like a huge deal to me but I have seen very little talk about it so i have to wonder if I'm misinterpreting it.

USSSA Rule by lauralynn75

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Been following this closely for awhile.

Guesting will be under a set of rules that are meant to be published shortly. They are meant to make it easier to add and remove but more restrictive on who can guest. It is also meant to stop players pages turning up with all the teams they played once for.
The USSSA roster website will allow you to temp add guest players for a tournament without removing them from their 'one team roster

And the State Director has the ability to provide exceptions where needed (i.e. if you wouldn't be able to play without a guest who is outside the new 'rules')

Jun 12, 2015
So if we were going to play in a tournament and picked up another player, there may be a way to list her as a temp guest? That would solve the issue we have right there. We don't want to pick up players ever, much prefer to only play with our own. We have several possibles right now as permanent additions; if they work out we're golden. Things are uncertain at the moment.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
So if we were going to play in a tournament and picked up another player, there may be a way to list her as a temp guest? That would solve the issue we have right there. We don't want to pick up players ever, much prefer to only play with our own. We have several possibles right now as permanent additions; if they work out we're golden. Things are uncertain at the moment.

That seems to be what they are saying. We shall see. USSSA has a couple of beta websites running right now that improve on their already very good website, so I believe it is being built into their next web release.

There was also meant to be a rule committee meeting yesterday but i haven't heard what happened.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish