Statement from USSSA on age cutoffs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Here is USSSA's statement on Age cutoffs...

"At this time USSSA has no intentions of changing its age eligibility timeline, which is currently January 1. The current age eligibility structure for USSSA Fastpitch has been a strength of our organization and we do not plan on making any adjustments. You can review the age calculator should you have any questions regarding your athlete's eligibility within our organization."

So I think any hope of others following USA is probably unlikely. My DD is a Dec birthday but I think even if she was a January my feelings would be the same. We are playing up.

Aug 20, 2017
If you are a junior in High School, you should be allowed to play 16U and not required to move to 18U if you turn 17 during your junior year. That’s the ones that are impacted the most.

May 29, 2015
I don't think USA is popular enough anymore for the others to feel the need to change...

Popularity has little to do with it. Teams and players don’t care what brand of softball it is.

It’s just a matter of who gets their claws into an area when the local people start screwing it up.

Jun 8, 2016
Popularity has little to do with it. Teams and players don’t care what brand of softball it is.

It’s just a matter of who gets their claws into an area when the local people start screwing it up.
It does in this case because if a team planned on playing a lot of USA softball they might construct their roster differently which would then possibly affect if they could play USSSA at the same age level. USSSA probably doesn’t see the USA change as effecting their bottom line hence why change (same with PGF)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478