"Umpires defended without question"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
Behavior control? :confused: I don't think people have determined words to be more offensive than others based on behavior control.

Absolute? No. But when most are offended when you use the words that you did, then I would consider it wrong and inappropriate.

Have you ever admitted when you have said or did something wrong, or do you blame others for everything?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
For those who are wondering, WE, the moderators, decide what is appropriate and inappropriate on this forum. If you don't like our decisions you don't have to post here. If you want to post here, lose the profanity.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I respect umpires, I know it's a tough job when your decision can only make 50% of those at the game happy. That being said I expect them to follow the written rules of the game unless modified rules are stated in writing or verbally before the tourney or a game.

Ding. Ding. Give GD a chicken dinner.

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
I've gone on record here recently that the Umpires here do, in fact, defend other, unknown, Umpires. I'll stick to that. It wasn't a complaint about Umpires in general. It was more a; "why are you defending that whom you do not know, and in turn, making it sound like the OP is imagining what really happened?" One example from a previous post; "if that's the way it happened..." That's defending the Umpire by insinuating the OP was wrong and the Umpire was right. I'm just saying, there are crappy Umpires, just like there are crappy cops, construction workers, etc. And pretending that isn't the case is just ignorant. Now, I'll also happily recognize that a great majority of Umpires are awesome. My team played 5 games this weekend, and I can't recall a single call or problem with any of the Umpires we had. I just wish every tourney was like that.

Jun 22, 2008
Hmmm, how many posts did I just list where umpires were called out, and the list was only over the last 5 months. And in fact there is an additional one to add to the list from last night. If a person is not there to see a play in person, there is absolutely no way of knowing exactly how the play unfolded. An action in the play that may seem completely unimportant to the poster may in fact make a huge difference in how the play would be called. Qualifying a comment is not supporting the umpire nor is insinuating anything about the poster. It is simply saying, based on the information provided, this is what the call should have been.

Mar 28, 2013
The fact that these Umpire threads seem to just keep going and going like the energizer bunny I've got a question. Its obvious both sides have allot to get off their collective chests, Has any one of you in this vast country of ours every heard of some sort of pre season joint seminar between coaches and the umpire associations so these things can be discussed and feed back can be exchanged without the pressure of a game and parents looking on getting in the way? I would think both sides would benefit.

Jun 22, 2008
Some of the rec leagues will have a pre season meeting and have an umpire on hand to answer questions of the coaches. As for travel ball, at least in my area you would probably not get very many coaches to attend. If the coaches asked for one Im sure the local umpire associations would be more than happy to supply umpires to answer questions. They would just have to ask for it.

Jun 1, 2013
Easton, your post is inappropriate on any number of levels, by any standard, and has nothing at all to do with any aspect of softball or softball umpiring.

I'm asking the moderators of this Forum to remove this post as soon as possible.

Funny, an ump takes offense to a joke posted on wrong thread, (should have been "ump walks into a bar" thread). When a fellow ump posts obscenities on this same thread, you are silent. Not 1 ump said anything about his vulgarity, isn't this the whole point of this thread? Backing your fellow umps regardless if they are right or wrong?

BTW, distasteful it may have been but I thought it was funny!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877