U of A vs. NPF Allstars

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
We took our 10u team to the game tonight, and what an experience! The NPF team dominated the game 9-0, but none of that mattered. After the game the entire NPF team set up at tables and signed autographs for almost two hours. They were incredible with the girls, talking about what position they played, team names, etc. Never once did they seem like they were in a hurry to leave. They seemed like the best thing they had to do tonight was sit there and talk to the young girls about softball, and then pictures with Jennie Finch and Cat O made this the highlight of the girls season. If you ever get a chance to go see one of these game, don't miss it. :cool:

Oct 19, 2009
We took our 10u team to the game tonight, and what an experience! The NPF team dominated the game 9-0, but none of that mattered. After the game the entire NPF team set up at tables and signed autographs for almost two hours. They were incredible with the girls, talking about what position they played, team names, etc. Never once did they seem like they were in a hurry to leave. They seemed like the best thing they had to do tonight was sit there and talk to the young girls about softball, and then pictures with Jennie Finch and Cat O made this the highlight of the girls season. If you ever get a chance to go see one of these game, don't miss it. :cool:

I’ve taken my daughter to watch the pro games and the Olympic team play and the athletes were so accommodating and accessible to the kids. I am sure they realize how much it means to the kids to have an opportunity to meet players. I as a parent also appreciate them taking the time to talk with and meet the kids.

They will play University of Georgia on Thursday, Oct. 21 at 7 PM at Athens.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The entire game was awesome. I had not seen Cat pitch in person. She is so fluid and just pitches with ease, and she is marvelous to watch.

We really wanted to see Finch and Mowatt pitch, as they are alumni, but Finch said that they will all be back to play in the Homecoming game - and that is free!

Shelby Babcock looked like she is going to be a heck of a Wildcat. She was overmatched last night, but she is only a freshman and she did get some strike outs.

Fowler hit, but didn't pitch. I guess she had to throw the day before, because U of A had a hard time with Yavapai CC. I think they are normally national champions, so they are tough.

The pros were pros in every way. Cat and her reliever combined for a perfect game. And it was a perfect night, it was only 77 degrees when I got to the car.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish