Turning the barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2011
I'm sorry, but there's nothing new in TM's good stuff.

It's just a repackaging of old ideas (e.g. running start becomes turning the barrel).

I also don't think that anyone can deny that TM displays antisocial if not sociopathic tendencies.

Stalking people's kids isn't something that happens every day.

TM has said he's not teaching anything new. Maybe he's not. But for those novices like me and others who were trying to squeeze as much as we could out of rotational spine engine mechanics and not getting very far, the concepts of hand pivot point, rear hip pivot point and the syncing of those pivot points, as presented by HI are brand spanking new. And it works.

IMO, I don't think TM displays antisocial-sociopathic tendencies. I think he's a fanatic of the game. You know, a fan.

'Stalking peoples' kids' can't be tolerated, show the evidence and I'll help get it stopped. But I'm willing to bet it's just more hyperbole.

......and when that doesn't work, waiting for you to complain to the moderator.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Marcus, Roga. and oofpdaddy
I see you think its the greatest information out there and all the moderators on three sites (that I know of) kicked him off because they were afraid to discover the real truth about hitting, so they banned him.
That is why he calls you his truthseekers.

Ever ask yourself why MLB teams are not knocking on his door. Single, double, or triple A ball coaches.
How about Olympic teams? D1,2 or 3 level colleges?

Be his flock. Send all these people his website and let them read his information, and how he presents it.
Think they will get butt hurt?:rolleyes:

SL

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2011
Marcus, Roga. and oofpdaddy
I see you think its the greatest information out there and all the moderators on three sites (that I know of) kicked him off because they were afraid to discover the real truth about hitting, so they banned him.
That is why he calls you his truthseekers.

Ever ask yourself why MLB teams are not knocking on his door. Single, double, or triple A ball coaches.
How about Olympic teams? D1,2 or 3 level colleges?

Be his flock. Send all these people his website and let them read his information, and how he presents it.
Think they will get butt hurt?:rolleyes:

SL

Shoots. I'm hoping more mods ban him. Even hoping this thread gets shut down and information deleted.

Truth is I was trying to keep all his information to myself. Gives my grandson, and now my granddaughter more time to master it before it becomes popular.

It was working pretty good too. Until RayR (MTS) had a friggin AHA moment.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Deleted by me as a classless response to some of you who are clueless as to why a certain person is barred from various sites.

Jan 13, 2012
I'm sorry, but there's nothing new in TM's good stuff.

It's just a repackaging of old ideas (e.g. running start becomes turning the barrel)

A running start is not the same thing as a barrel turn. A running start is getting the pelvis turned from closed to open in order to allow SnF.

As for the other things, you really haven't shown any understanding of things like swivel, rear leg winning, etc.

Oct 12, 2009
A running start is not the same thing as a barrel turn. A running start is getting the pelvis turned from closed to open in order to allow SnF.

I forgot to mention how he loves to use non-standard definitions of things, presumably to confuse people and to force you to pay to access his site.

You get some stuff for free, but have to pay for the rosetta stone/decoder ring.

Dec 29, 2010
Deleted by me as a classless response to some of you who are clueless as to why a certain person is barred from various sites.

Cb, enlighten the newbies/masses, there are always 2 sides to a story than the truth.

Sl, its been going on for awhile, tit for tat, I got my big boy pants on, lets get back to the og poster.

Jan 13, 2012
I forgot to mention how he loves to use non-standard definitions of things, presumably to confuse people and to force you to pay to access his site.

You get some stuff for free, but have to pay for the rosetta stone/decoder ring.

The non-standard definitions are actually relatively standard for people who have been around for awhile. The running start concept was being spoken about a good 7 or 8 years ago. Of course, it wasn't in this level of detail, because it was based on someone observing "Hey, good hitters have the pelvis open at toe touch/heel plant."

I believe it was termed "forward by turning" or something like that. I'm not intimately familiar with the whole "load the middle, unload the middle."

The high level running start was discovered nearly 7 years ago now.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Cb, enlighten the newbies/masses, there are always 2 sides to a story than the truth.

Sl, its been going on for awhile, tit for tat, I got my big boy pants on, lets get back to the og poster.

00fpdaddy, I went on a rant and then realized I was hijacking the thread. In short, Schenck wasn't banned/isn't banned because of the content of his ideas. I moderate a few websites he is banned from so I know first hand. He also isn't banned from this website because of content. In part, an attack on my child resulted in his ban from this site.

Per turning the barrel, how many MLB players were taught to turn the barrel by some coach/instructor? A simple guess will do. IMO, most do that naturally. The one thing I could do and do well was hit. I never thought about turning he barrel. Having said that, when I hit fungos, I notice that feel and I had to use the phrase "feel."

Feb 3, 2013
I don't believe it matters how many MLB players were taught to turn the barrel.

If MLB players naturally turn the barrel, and a student doesn't, then do you ignore the action simply because it isn't natural for the student? I wouldn't ignore the action simply because it wasn't natural for a student.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24