Turning the barrel and launch position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Is the barrel turning early or are the hands set up to be a rotational point? Is this the oar lock effect Mankin first talked about?

giphy.gif

The camera starts to move at the launch position. It might be slightly off, front foot all the way down instead of the launch position being at toe touch. Although it is very close to the launch position when the camera goes from the side/chest view and around to the back view.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Is the barrel turning early or are the hands set up to be a rotational point? Is this the oar lock effect Mankin first talked about?

giphy.gif

The camera starts to move at the launch position. It might be slightly off, front foot all the way down instead of the launch position being at toe touch. Although it is very close to the launch position when the camera goes from the side/chest view and around to the back view.

On second thought that is pretty close to toe touch and the launch position.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
I think it is barrel turning due to resistance from the top hand. Oar lock.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think it is barrel turning due to resistance from the top hand. Oar lock.

Yes I see allot of oar lock in the swings. The back elbow does lower quite a bit without TTB rearward at the same rate of movement. I do see the hands as a rotational point and allot of oar lock effect.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Please excuse the quality of the videos. I have to change the codec a few times to get my gif maker to recognize the video. Makes the video quality go down.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
giphy.gif

A look at the the rate of the back elbow lowering and the corresponding TTB.

In this excerpt, there doesn't seem to be much "pull" with the lead arm, yet.
Don't you need the lead arm pulling, to produce "oak lock" movement of the barrel?
That's the way I understand it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812