TTB and the Fastpitch Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
If the discussion is about hitting, I will participate. If the discussion is specifically about TM or any other person, I will return to my popcorn. Enjoy and good luck.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The rear leg is the driver.......
Rear hip/leg pivot point.......
The Corner.............
The First Engine is the rear leg. .........
A high level swing has an upper body (torso and hips) that is fused into a unit.......................
Continually pull back with your back, against your leg, creating a torsion spring-like load......................
These are just a few of the things that TM Focuses on other than TTB................If someone was open minded.
Go back to talking about hitting in general.

May 12, 2016
If the discussion is about hitting, I will participate. If the discussion is specifically about TM or any other person, I will return to my popcorn. Enjoy and good luck.
The discussion is all about hitting, it's not about whether what he teaches is incorrect, nor is it challenging his theories or any of his methods. It's about understanding his methods and what he teaches, what he likes to focus on etc. Because I believe understanding is most important thing... and I don't understand how focusing on the hands/forearms TTB rearward should be the highlight of improving our DD's swings... on a more selfish level, my DD.

May 12, 2016
The rear leg is the driver.......
Rear hip/leg pivot point.......
The Corner.............
The First Engine is the rear leg. .........
A high level swing has an upper body (torso and hips) that is fused into a unit.......................
Continually pull back with your back, against your leg, creating a torsion spring-like load......................
These are just a few of the things that TM Focuses on other than TTB................If someone was open minded.
What does he focus on the most?? I've already said he focuses on other things, thanks for listing them for me. Sorry if I am little short, but I've said this over and over

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The discussion is all about hitting, it's not about whether what he teaches is incorrect, nor is it challenging his theories or any of his methods. It's about understanding his methods and what he teaches, what he likes to focus on etc. Because I believe understanding is most important thing... and I don't understand how focusing on the hands/forearms TTB rearward should be the highlight of improving our DD's swings... on a more selfish level, my DD.

I cannot speak for TM or anyone else, but for me, my focus is whatever the hitter needs. TTB is typically one of the first things I cover, but it is definitely not the only thing. It will vary from student to student. Just yesterday my DD sent me video from two of her college teammates. They both wanted a little bit of advice. Both had pretty solid swings (above average in my opinion). My advice for each was completely different. If you want more information concerning TM, I hear he owns a pool hall in Missouri :)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The reason Rich has his students snapping the barrel is due to the stretch between rear leg/hip and hands (one leg)..

H2KI94X.gif

Since he has no concept of the obliques amongst other core muscles pulling on the hands from a leveraged fyb position the hands will push..

7DvIasn.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes