Travel uniform for high school tryouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Should you wear your travel uniform to high school tryouts?

• Yes

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 74.4%

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wear something bright so they remember her. If it is TB so be it if they have a good reputation.

Some players I would not want because of the organization they play for.

I can be petty

Feb 17, 2014
I'm of the opinion that when you want to be a part of something, you do everything that you can to show that you want to be a part of it. So, I would have DD wear something that represented the school. I would find something if she didn't already have it.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2015
I'm of the opinion that when you want to be a part of something, you do everything that you to show that you want to be a part of it. So, I would have DD wear something that represented the school. I would find something if she didn't already have it.

100%
Wear something that speaks to school spirit.

Logo on a visor or a helmet sticker is enough of a hint about which club the player belongs to.

May 6, 2015
to me it screams take me because of who I play for. now a tournament shirt, or a shirt declaring X travel team was Y place in Z (well known) tournament, OK.

again, in most cases the bag, the helmet, will be a dead giveaway anyway, not even subtle.

heck, removing all that might make them seem more desirable, coach might see them as a diamond in the rough who will get even better under their coaching. who up with sneakers, alloy bat , no batting helmet, and beat up glove.

Andy

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
For DD’s JH tryouts she always wore her softball pants and a t-shirt. The tryouts were over three days so one day was her TB team practice shirt (it’s a nice performance fabric), a school shirt, and then a shirt that has cats wearing beach clothing (she packed it by mistake). The coaches got a kick out of the cat shirt I guess.

Apr 28, 2019
Should you wear your travel uniform for high school tryouts?
Why not? TB practice shirt not a problem. Helps coach identify serious players.
In our State TB stops when HS ball starts. So no conflict between the two. I would think most girls would wear their TB gear with pride. They know how much time, effort, & money go into TB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish