Questions for high school coaches?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
This here.

Our coach plays seniors and sits better players if they're younger. It's a drag. Good to know what you're getting into.

I am somewhat guilty of this at times. It is really hard to bench seniors that have been with you a while for younger players. I would imagine if the talent level is close, coaches will go with experience. I have one senior that will likely be replaced in the starting lineup this year by a young player. But I will do what I can to get her some reps in her senior year. I will play the best players, because that is what is fair to the team as a whole. But I am aware it sucks for upperclassmen to get passed by. Benching girls that have done everything you have asked is tough and I don’t envy any coach that has to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2019
Really? Our HS coach is WAY too conservative when it comes to baserunning. He won't steal. He won't send kids home even when they've reached 3rd and the OF still has the ball, etc. Needs to turn the aggression up.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
A couple of things as a high school coach:
1) We had 100 stolen bases last season in 27 games. Thrown out attempting to steal 5 times. We ran into only a handful of outs at the plate. We work on baserunning in every practice.

2) I play the best 9, period!

3) Only one question for OP to ask, What is best for my DD education? That's it. IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles