Top 5 Essential Work Stations for Team Hitting Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2008
My 5
1. negative stride and leg drive,

(batter sets up on T looks long takes a reverse step onto the inside of her rear foot as the foot hits the ground she fires it back into a firm front side initiating the swing)

2. Reverse Top Hand

3. Two T's
( set up about 10 feet apart for a target up the middle, if the batter misses it needs to be to the oppo side never pulled)

4. Freeze at contact (start stop swing)

5. Live hitting or TCB balls tossed...

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Essential Stations

Top Hand / Bottom Hand swings with a shorty bat
Rope/String Drill
Walk ups
Front Knee swings (regular bat)
Inside Tee or Tee with pole barrier to force bat path

What's your rope string drill?

Inside tee are you setting ball up on the inside for bat path, is that the gist? And is the barrier idea like the drill with swinging near a fence? Has anyone ever tried that pujols bat that is basically a barrel on a rod? I wonder if you set up an inside tee and had them use a bat like that it might be interesting.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
IMO the soft bat jack is good for any age. If you wanted to move you finger while on it, you would have to pull really hard.

Oct 14, 2008

Inside tee are you setting ball up on the inside for bat path, is that the gist? And is the barrier idea like the drill with swinging near a fence? Has anyone ever tried that pujols bat that is basically a barrel on a rod? I wonder if you set up an inside tee and had them use a bat like that it might be interesting.

You better have superb hand path using that bat in that drill or your gonna break something......... quick lol

Tim

R

RayR

Similar to this pic

proziptrainer__20466_zoom.jpg

Tee on other side of rope/string. Ball height - top of ball even with rope....you can drop ball height for experienced hitters....forces them to keep hands up and use a diagonal barrel path....rope also used as visual constraint as hands are supposed to not cross rope.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
MTS. I built something like that around 10 years ago. Whiffle didn't last long, so I updated it to a pitching machine softball and drilled a hole thru the middle. Prohammer bat. Tim wouldn't it work the same as Howard's Hammer bat ? I wonder what they would think if we posted the axe bat that we pulled on Howard!

Last edited:
R

RayR

SB - we don't string the ball through the rope. We just set up a tee on the other side of the rope and set the ball so the top of ball is even or below the rope. the rope keeps the hands and thus barrel up as it should so it is a down to and up through bat path....Our aim is to hit the ball into the back drop keeping the ball on that side of the rope....if the ball is pulled we know they are sweeping....