Top 5 Essential Work Stations for Team Hitting Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Its a way to get them to feel it quicker....helps them stop spinning....some players use it as a reminder and make it part of their swing....we don't try and coach it out of them....

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thank you MTS ... I appreciate your thoughts on that. I'm going to upload a video and PM it to you. If you disagree, then fine ... just want you to see it and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2013
Can I ask for some clarification on something. I thought that the kids were supposed to turn the barrel during the swing, but the prohammer says it trains you "not to turn your wrists".

What is the point that I am missing on this??

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
You don't turn the barrel with your wrist, you turn the barrel with your hands. But if you are looking for 1 opinion on hitting. Good luck.

Aug 20, 2013
If anyone has a visual, I would appreciate it. I guess I just don't see the difference. But then I don't see a lot of things! LOL

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
GG,

Prohammer is trying to eliminate wrist roll from occurring in the contact zone. IMO "turning the barrel" happens well before this. I don't claim to be an expert, but if you have ever heard the queue "short to the zone", that is essentially where turning the barrel occurs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi