Timing of negative move

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2015
The answers are not vauge at all. You asked what do you time and when do you time it. I answered both questions. Now if you wanna know what happens before all of that then I guess you will have to ask each player each at bat. Like what did you do before you walked to the box or what did you eat for lunch. I could care less. Time the ball...time the coil with the release of the ball...so obviously you are focused and getting ready to do that while in the box. May I have this dance.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The answers are not vauge at all. You asked what do you time and when do you time it. I answered both questions. Now if you wanna know what happens before all of that then I guess you will have to ask each player each at bat. Like what did you do before you walked to the box or what did you eat for lunch. I could care less. Time the ball...time the coil with the release of the ball...so obviously you are focused and getting ready to do that while in the box. May I have this dance.

Right. This is the "dance with the pitcher" part, which just another way to say "getting ready". Your panties get bunchy just because the phrase has been connected to Howard Carrier. It doesn't matter who said it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No...my issue is with the theory or mindset of timing the pitcher.

No issue with Carrier? Really?? I call BS...

If Carrier used it then most likely it a crappy que...yup...crappy que...I don't want to hit the pitcher or dance with the pitcher...time the ball...I have said it a thousand times. Those are terrible ques. And Carrier is a linear push push swing all day.

Your repetitive squawking about timing the ball is for the launch of the swing, and no one has disagreed with you on that. The discussion started with a question about the timing of pre-swing movements (negative move). Since the pitcher still has the ball in her hand at that time, the ONLY OPTION is to time your pre-swing movements with the pitcher. If that's a struggle for you to understand, I'm not sure I can help you.