Thoughts on this Antonelli Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Right swing... Lack of posture

Does the right or left match the launch position we see below?
1629754710761.png

With that being said, personally my barrel path is much better swinging like the left than the right, but I'm not a MLB player and an old man who seems to be incapable of making the body do something it doesn't want to LOL

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Did not watch the entire video. Could not get past the fact that he was comparing the two swings when one was front toss and the other she is just swinging a stick. I do think the swing with the stick was a better swing just not convinced he actually fixed anything.

May 12, 2016
I like Antonelli, can't say I agree with everything he teaches, but he is quite clear in what he teaches. Many instructors could learn from his presentations

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Found this pretty interesting

Yea, he teaches HLP better then Rich :ROFLMAO: How does he know she gave up the rear leg/hip relationship here ? Guessing he was another hitter that was abaf and since he couldn't get fyb nobody else can.

BrIXHON.png

Aug 20, 2017
Yea, he teaches HLP better then Rich :ROFLMAO: How does he know she gave up the rear leg/hip relationship here ? Guessing he was another hitter that was abaf and since he couldn't get fyb nobody else can.

BrIXHON.png
I’m just glad he doesn’t say “snap the barrel rearward”. In yalls opinion, what would have cleaned up this hitters bat path? I agree with him on her path being around. Why does she drop the barrel behind her? I do feel like what he has taught is going to cause her to loose the barrel behind her. Front shoulder works up too early.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m just glad he doesn’t say “snap the barrel rearward”. In yalls opinion, what would have cleaned up this hitters bat path? I agree with him on her path being around. Why does she drop the barrel behind her? I do feel like what he has taught is going to cause her to loose the barrel behind her. Front shoulder works up too early.

a few have touched on it already. She has no posture or posterior chain. That’s creates space and power.

Reactions: TDS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying