This mitt is becoming popular

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
Got my Vinci fastpitch catchers mitt yesterday. It is actually alot smaller then one might think with it being marketed as a 33". Seems well made but will definitely need breaking in time before game ready. Will have my son use it some to see how it breaks in. More news as it becomes available.

Attachments

• Vinci softbal lglove.jpg
    Vinci softbal lglove.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 121
Aug 8, 2010
Hey guys and ladies

The original pic in the thread was taken on my dining room table. I am a Vinci Rep specializing in the new FP line. I would be happy to answer any questions on any of our FP gloves. We currently have 3 sizes (12, 12.5, 13 inch) and the catchers mitt. I can be contacted at howell@syrupcity.net or 229-224-0759. Thanks, Casey

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Casey,
I am thinking the same as Coach Weaver, If you have a prototype LH Throw catcher's mitt you need testing... I have just the catcher for you! =D
What size are the catcher's mitts BTW?

Aug 8, 2010
Sorry to get back so late. Yes we will have a LHT option. I will check to see if we have a demo made up. The mitt is a 33 inch. It will seem to be a little smaller at first because of the deep pocket. All Vinci gloves seem to play a little short, maybe 1/4 inch due to the depth of the pocket. The pocket going back deep takes a little tallness away. I have gotten 3 of these out so far and the reviews are very positive. Build, pocket, leather, design are all getting rave reviews. Only negative is that it is very heavy duty and taking a bit to break in, but that will be a positive in the long run.

Apr 1, 2011
coach weaver, the vinci glove arrive? would like more info have a 12u catcher in desperate need of a good glove. the gsx100 was too soft bruised her thumb pretty bad. regular pitcher is 12 and throws around 60-65mph. need advice quick. thanks.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
coach weaver, the vinci glove arrive? would like more info have a 12u catcher in desperate need of a good glove. the gsx100 was too soft bruised her thumb pretty bad. regular pitcher is 12 and throws around 60-65mph. need advice quick. thanks.

I talked to Coach Jay (Coach Weaver's son) about this glove 3 weeks ago and he reported that it was excellenct quality leather, had a deep pocket, and required a lot of work to break in. IMO, it sounds like a great glove to get in advance of when you plan to use it rather than being ready to go directly out of the box/bag/wrapper.

PS - I just ordered a XProTex Strykr glove for my DD catcher (its worn like a batting glove inside the catchers mitt)

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH

The Vinci glove seems well made but will take a while to break in. A glove that breaks in quick but gives good protection is the Worth Liberty Advanced.

There are many D1 pitchers that don't throw 60-65mph so I do question the findings of a q12yr old throwing 60-65mph. What environment was she clocked?. Who clocked her?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The Vinci glove seems well made but will take a while to break in. A glove that breaks in quick but gives good protection is the Worth Liberty Advanced.

There are many D1 pitchers that don't throw 60-65mph so I do question the findings of a q12yr old throwing 60-65mph. What environment was she clocked?. Who clocked her?

Don't tell anyone, but the Jugs gun can be set to read in kph instead of mph!

Apr 1, 2011
stand corrected. 55-60 clocked at the local elite womens training center. she is pure athlete, i am one of her coaches and caught most of my life and she hurts me when i miss the pocket. strongest arm i've seen in a long time at this level.

i purchased the liberty advanced yesterday evening guess i made the right decission. thank you sitting down to watch coach weavers video. cant wait. thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish