WTB - Used left-handed throw catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Looking to buy a used/broken in mitt for a left-handed throw catcher.

Mitt must be fairly well broken in as this is for a high school player who does not play year round, and since I'm a righty throw I can't do all the work breaking it in.

Doesn't have to be top of the line or anything.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I know you're looking for used, but the glove at this link has an easy break-in, https://www.justballgloves.com/prod...all-catchers-mitt--gxs90f4/33719/#attr=251569. I had the baseball version a few years ago and although it was very well padded, it didn't have good thumb protection as I got several stingers using it. If you go this route, I'd recommend either an Endoskel or Evoshield thumb guard to go with it.

This catcher will not be catching anybody who throws really hard, so I'm not especially concerned about the thumb. I might check this one out. I can help break it in. I'm not a lefty throw normally, but I can be. The glove she uses now is actually my lefty throw mitt I have from when I hurt my right shoulder and just taught myself to throw lefty so I could still play... catching was harder to adjust to than throwing.

Feb 20, 2024
My daughter has had a RHT of this model for past handful of years. 11/12/13U. I broke it in quickly. She was part time. It'll get your LHT through high school at a good price point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles