This mitt is becoming popular

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2011
very true about the compactness of the glove, measurement wise the glove is pretty much the same as my daughters current mitt Nokona CM275BF, but for some reason the Vinci visually looks smaller.

and jay hopefully it ready by d time u guys get to H-town

Oct 27, 2009
Hello all, wondering if this glove is in fact lighter than a typical catchers mitt and whether the hand stays cooler and/or wicks the moisture away. Is it worth paying two to three times more than most gloves. Contemplating the Mizuno GXS53 in a 34" for my 14yo. Looking to get a second glove to break-in while she has her Easton Synergy 33" already broken in and using now, however looking to upgrade and retire the Synergy when the time is right and use as a backup in case of emergency. Does the Vinci glove justify the additional expense, I guess is my question, or would the Mizuno at half the price be the better option, or other suggestions. Our number one pitcher is topping out at 57-58mph and second line pitchers mid to low fifties if that influences any of the decision process. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Feb 9, 2011
I have alot of Vinci gloves, DD uses them exclusively and will tell you they are great gloves if you play enough and have the time to break them in. The catchers mitt is a tank but is a two to three month investment to get broken in well worth the wait if you have a backup to use till game ready.

If you are looking for more of a game ready glove that does not require alot of work I would go with a Shoeless Joe. They are broken in from the time you buy them not sure on long term durabilty though.

Again, Vinci is the way to go if you are playing serious ball with tons of reps, if it's a casual player the mitt will take forever to break in and probably not the right choice.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I would sure like to know how well this fits a girl with a small hand. The glove looks very well designed and constructed! Please let me know. I have a Danish catcher who needs a lefty mitt and she has small hands, normal for a girl 5'4".

One thing that concerns me is the width of the palm heel. I am curious if it is wider than a Nokona CM275BF? That might be a detriment to a small hand.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2011
I would sure like to know how well this fits a girl with a small hand. The glove looks very well designed and constructed! Please let me know. I have a Danish catcher who needs a lefty mitt and she has small hands, normal for a girl 5'4".

The Vinci has a velcro strap and should fit her hand just fine. The fastpitch models are designed just for young women and fit very well. My DD is less than 5 foot tall and has no problem with the glove.

I have a contact phone number for Casey Howell I can give you if you PM me.

Oct 27, 2009
Still....wondering if this glove is in fact lighter than a typical catchers mitt and whether the hand stays cooler and/or wicks the moisture away. Is it worth paying two to three times more than most gloves. Contemplating the Mizuno GXS53 in a 34" for my 14yo.

Feb 9, 2011
Still....wondering if this glove is in fact lighter than a typical catchers mitt and whether the hand stays cooler and/or wicks the moisture away. Is it worth paying two to three times more than most gloves. Contemplating the Mizuno GXS53 in a 34" for my 14yo.

OK Vinci weighed in on my food scale at 1.56 pounds, Worth liberty wieghed in at 1.62 pounds Nokona CM275 wieghed 1.52. The only Mizuno I have is a small 8u BB mitt and it wieghed 1.44 pounds.

I wouldn't necessarily say it is keeps the hand cooler it is a very heavy built glove. I can tell you the glove has alot more padding and leather in the palm than any glove you will pick up. Thats why it has a mesh back to make up the weight added to the area that takes a pounding the inside of your glove.

My DD does say her mesh back fielders glove is cooler than a regular glove but I am not sure how that translates to the design on the mitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad