The temperature in Tucson.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Here is a picture of one of my students holding the thermometer. He was lesson #3 and this was at 10:30 AM. When we would lay the thermometer, down in the dirt, it would shoot up to 120 degrees.

tanner.jpg
[/IMG]

Jan 20, 2010
It almost hit 70 here today (I think it would have been the second time this year). Tuesday it is supposed to be a blistering 73.

Mar 13, 2010
Smooth MTR. Very smooth ;-)

Is it humid in Arizona Amy? Even without humidity that's the type of heat where you can't catch your btrsyj.

Oct 19, 2009
Wow, early in the AM here and sitting in the air conditioned office and seeing that makes me sweat. :cool:

We live in the North West Georgia humidity is the killer here. We’ve had highs in the 90’s for about three weeks and no rain to speak of until Wednesday of this week and we had a thunder storm.

People from our area who have been to Arizona tell me the high temps there are not as bad as the high temps and humidity here, I’ve been to Texas a few times, but it was cool weather then.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The humidity was at 8%, yesterday. Having lived in IL. for 50 years, I will take the desert heat, over humidity any day. Lozza, I am in the middle of the desert, with lots of cactus. Much of southern AZ. is on fire (actually) and it is out of control. Many people have lost their homes. The scrub brush just makes the area a kindle box.

MTR, thanks for the compliment. (I think.)

Mar 25, 2011
Supposed to hit a hard to handle 80F here today. Oh crud, the secret is out again...Colorado has the best weather.

Jul 26, 2010
Ug! I'll take a dry heat over a humid one (grew up in Florida, took me years to understand why anyone would want a swamp cooler), but when the wind blows out in the desert it feels like you're standing in front of a heat gun.

I hope they get the fires under control soon. We haven't had our usual "half the state is burning" fire this year yet in California, but with the weather we're having I'm sure it's coming. Stay safe!

-W

Jul 28, 2008
I'm here with Andy and rather like our 70° F. Actually 68° F here today. :)

However, our state tournament is supposed to be on the dry side of the state and cooking in the upper 80°'s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06