The other side to the "Multi-Sport Athlete"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
The conflicts for bball will be starting soon if the team is a serious AAU team...for now I have told the bball coach that softball tournaments take precedent over ball tournaments..that said if she is playing in some crap softball tournament and the opportunity to play in a good bball one presents itself..
We came into it with the understanding that we could only commit through the end of February and coach was good with it. Turns out we can actually play through March but I made the executive decision to only do softball and give dad a break :ROFLMAO:

May 27, 2013
And when I attended my D3 school, they won the National Championships in FHockey, Lax, and Softball. They were a D3 women’s powerhouse.

Pretty cool for some of those women to be National Champions and even some All-Americans in more than one sport.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD lettered in three sports as a freshman, but has dropped at least one, volleyball, now as a junior. Track is an outlier as its the same season as softball here in ND. Now DD is not a runner but a thrower, shot put, and once you have 10 practices in that season/softball, you can play multiple sports that season. So she can just show up at a meet and throw if she lets the coaches know before hand. qualified for state and doesnt even know how to do it. lmao Up here we dont have and indoor field, so its cage work and gyms for winter softball. All that being said she is a D1 2022 commit and they asked nothing about multiple sports, other than interests.

Jun 8, 2016
And when I attended my D3 school, they won the National Championships in FHockey, Lax, and Softball. They were a D3 women’s powerhouse.

Pretty cool for some of those women to be National Champions and even some All-Americans in more than one sport.
Nice. My alma mater Tufts won 3 National Championships in a row a few years back but only because they had a kid who was good enough to pitch in NPF. They have been mediocre since. The current coach is the wife of a kid I played baseball with (briefly for me) there.

May 27, 2013
Nice. My alma mater Tufts won 3 National Championships in a row a few years back but only because they had a kid who was good enough to pitch in NPF. They have been mediocre since. The current coach is the wife of a kid I played baseball with (briefly for me) there.

I had heard about her and yeah, she definitely was that good!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My DD was a 3 sport starter in HS. Her senior year she probably led bball and volleyball teams for minutes played. We were a small school who played much larger schools. She would have been able to make pretty much all the teams we played.
Softball was her main sport and enjoyed it the most. But if she was forced to play just one, it would t have been good for her (or me).

Playing multi sports taught her a lot of lessons and gave her arm a rest during the other seasons. I’ve asked her now that she is 23. And she would t have it any other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah