The opposite of scissoring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When I tried that, letting the ball come right into my arc on inside pitches, it felt good. I would make everything inside. If you can get the hands into front of the mid line (not directly in front) you can hit an inside pitch. The swing is not always the same, take the inside pitch of Edgar I just posted, he is staying inside the ball on an inside pitch (out from). It’s not the same swings, other than the hands getting in front of the body. Edgar is letting it out little, more out front.
giphy.gif

They are different and feel different, just like hitting a middle/in pitch the other way. It feels different to an outside pitch being hit well.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Am I not looking at the same thing because it looks to me like his foot does do a bit of a scissor before coming towards the plate like Bonds used to do..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Looks to me like the feet are just responding to what the middle has done. Lucky he didn't break an ankle.

46ZO8YQ.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The scissor is a compensation: too much weight forward early. So you gotta stop. It helps w players who are early or have longer swings. Front arm swings and rotational players included. Can only inside out the ball usually w that type of mechanical approach. All scissors are not created equal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13