The opposite of scissoring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Looks to me like the feet are just responding to what the middle has done. Lucky he didn't break an ankle.

46ZO8YQ.gif

That’s a big contraction of the middle.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
That’s a big contraction of the middle.

The middle front chain is only allowed to function properly because the back chain is active. You swing with the back, the scaps supports the upperbody as the link between the body and the arms. The upperbody connects to the body through the scaps. Otherwise the arms are not connected well to the body, they have a huge range of motion. The arms are linked through the scap to the body.

So, when I see something like this…

C5825E03-97E8-471A-BDBB-0AC6C00A1433.gif

The back leg pulls the bat through and I see back chain dominance.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The middle front chain is only allowed to function properly because the back chain is active. You swing with the back, the scaps supports the upperbody as the link between the body and the arms. The upperbody connects to the body through the scaps. Otherwise the arms are not connected well to the body, they have a huge range of motion. The arms are linked through the scap to the body.

So, when I see something like this…

View attachment 27125

The back leg pulls the bat through and I see back chain dominance.

Try breaking it down into smaller parts. Might help you understand what’s being used and when. Loading is a full body thing. Launching is an anterior thing. Extension is a posterior thing.

The posterior chain is used to extend. The anterior side is used to rotate. Pretty simple.

Cue yourself to keep the swing on the right side longer. Maybe throughout. It helps feel things.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like this. This is something @FP26 has been saying for years on here.

I believe it originated w Tewks awhile ago. I got the same feel from TDS’ arrow still pic/gifs also.

Tewks took it to a whole different level though w the flailing elbows etc which takes a few things away imo.cause and effect is so tricky.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Try breaking it down into smaller parts. Might help you understand what’s being used and when. Loading is a full body thing. Launching is an anterior thing. Extension is a posterior thing.

The posterior chain is used to extend. The anterior side is used to rotate. Pretty simple.

Cue yourself to keep the swing on the right side longer. Maybe throughout. It helps feel things.
Would this be the feeling of the back foot being peeled off the ground?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478