The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
To be clear:
1) you do not think her pivot foot bears weight after the initial push.
2) you do not think she is not getting a second push.
3) other than a leap, in your opinion, she is legal.

I must be crazy because I very clearly see the pivot foot weighted a second time, and clearly see a second push.

To be clear, in order to pitch legally the pivot foot must bear weight after the initial push. The only way for this not to occur would be to leap.

Aug 21, 2008
barnhill_fsu_2_zpsukqgw14n.gif

She's not landing on the ball of her pivot foot? Let me clean my glasses.

smartass it all you like. I see her landing on the side of the foot, including the side of her ball of foot. the rest of the foot coming down prevents a conventional crowhop.

Aug 21, 2008
smartass it all you like. I see her landing on the side of the foot, including the side of her ball of foot. the rest of the foot coming down prevents a conventional crowhop.

Not to mention that a crowhoppers second push is going to be forward. Her foot goes to the 1st base side with a heavy drag. The drag means no 2nd' push. IMHO.

Bill

Jun 18, 2010

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like a smartass. I really do appreciate your opinion, and you weighing in on this topic.

Jun 18, 2010
To be clear, in order to pitch legally the pivot foot must bear weight after the initial push. The only way for this not to occur would be to leap.

I was trying to use the NCAA language regarding the pivot foot bearing weight:

10.4.6 Crow hopping is not allowed, The pitcher may not replant, gain a second starting point and push off her pivot foot. Once having lost contact with the pitcher’s plate, the pivot foot may trail on the ground but may not bear weight again until the pitch is released.

I was trying to get Bill's opinion, based on the NCAA rule if he thought her pivot foot was "bearing weight again".

Oct 19, 2009
Bill I di not mean to imply you advocating pitching illegal, I have some of your tapes and DD pitch coach teach much like you do IMO, he is an ex pitcher in men's fast-pitch. I certainly have great respect you and your opinion. :cool:

IMO the rules are there, they just need to be enforced.

Jun 18, 2010
Bill I di not mean to imply you advocating pitching illegal, I have some of your tapes and DD pitch coach teach much like you do IMO, he is an ex pitcher in men's fast-pitch. I certainly have great respect you and your opinion. :cool:

IMO the rules are there, they just need to be enforced.

Second that, definitely respect you and your opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi