The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
KB is an amazing talent and I think she would be that if she didn't cheat, but she does. It is similar to the Barry Bonds argument, he was a great hitter before he cheated, so why did he cheat? I know the BB and KB situations are a little different. I argue this with a friend of mine that thinks KB is the best thing since sliced bread and we have a good laugh.

It’s disingenious to compare Barry Bonds taking illegal performance enhancing drugs which is a crime to that of a pitcher using flawed mechanics for the whole world to see and the umpires making the determination whether or not she is pitching illegally. She isn’t hiding a single thing from anyone and certainly the FBI is not investigating her. Just pathetic....

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
It’s disingenious to compare Barry Bonds taking illegal performance enhancing drugs which is a crime to that of a pitcher using flawed mechanics for the whole world to see and the umpires making the determination whether or not she is pitching illegally. She isn’t hiding a single thing from anyone and certainly the FBI is not investigating her. Just pathetic....

Yup she only pitches like that because she has bad mechanics and can't figure out how to pitch without breaking the rules. She definitely isn't trying to gain an advantage over the competition by breaking a rule. I have some beach front property for sell in Kansas to sell you. Just moronic.....

Dec 11, 2010
The penalty for one is a ball called on the batter and the penalty for the other is federal prison.

Please find a better word than “moronic” dude. That won’t do here.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
The penalty for one is a ball called on the batter and the penalty for the other is federal prison.

Please find a better word than “moronic” dude. That won’t do here.

He wasn't going to federal prison for using HGH, cheating in baseball, he was going to prison for obstructing justice and perjury. It is moronic to think that KB is not breaking the rule to gain an advantage and treating her like she is a victim.

Sep 10, 2013
as what yogi would say

hasn't this comparison between KB and BB been discussed to death before? as what yogi would say, "It's like dejavu all over again".

Dec 11, 2010
He wasn't going to federal prison for using HGH, cheating in baseball, he was going to prison for obstructing justice and perjury. It is moronic to think that KB is not breaking the rule to gain an advantage and treating her like she is a victim.

Yeah, I get that. I’m pretty familiar with how the G does business.

I’m not defending Barnhill.

Again, could do without the moronic statement. That’s my beef.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
Yeah, I get that. I’m pretty familiar with how the G does business.

I’m not defending Barnhill.

Again, could do without the moronic statement. That’s my beef.

LOL I get it, the "Just moronic" was in response to Rtech dropping a "just pathetic" on me. I shoulda kept it above 6th grade level

Rick, I was not there. My first ISC didnt come for a few years. But I remember everyone talking about how cold it was. Now, it's the same for both teams... no question. But you guys only have Peaches, I wonder if the cold effected him some how. I know later in life, Peaches became more conscience of his health and arm conditioning. But back in 87, I doubt he worried too much about that. By the way, fun fact for the crowd... the tournament in the video was the first World Championship for Oregon's Mike White. And he did it with a good team, not a "SUPER team'. Little did people know he blew out his arm at this tourament, still winning it, but was not able to pitch 3 weeks later at the Nationals after having surgery.

Bill

Bill
Interesting info on Michael....had never heard that one. Yes, the weather was cold in that tourney (as was the Labattes). I dislocated a rib swinging at (and probably missing) a pitch from Jim Cowdry in an early game.....pretty certain the cold was partially to blame.
White was what I would call "a pitchers pitcher". He had the full arsenal of ball movement, speed variation, location, good top end speed, and determination.....a real competitor. You can see that competitor in his college coaching.

Oct 19, 2009
During the Florida and Alabama game on 04/09/2018 at Alabama the narrators were discussing Barnhill and her called for illegal pitches this year and how it had affected her. One of the narrators made the statement that when she is called for an illegally pitch and has to change from her normal style her speed drops to 64 – 63 MPH.

jj6vwi[1].jpg

Another thing that was discussed is the number of walks Alex Osorio gives up; she walked 12 in that game and 11 in another game the same weekend in the Florida series, according to the narrators. It was mentioned that no other pitcher in recent memory had given up so many walks and still considered to be among one of the elite pitchers in the country. I have to admit she was throwing some pitches close to the coroners, but the ump was showing no love to her outside pitches, and the fans were giving it to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi