The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
With Barnhill, I see her getting strong front side resistance, bicep brush interference, IR (albeit not Ueno level of rotation), and as Corlay mentioned very good overlap and lag into release. She also generates excellent spin with her lower arm and fingers as she demonstrated a few weeks ago on an ESPN segment during the Florida game. Lastly she is extremely accurate, throwing her riseball on three different planes, at will.

"strong front side resistance" - I dont think so. Look at her in Knight's still frames. Hinged at the waist at release. That's leaking energy in my book.

"bicep brush inferference" - um... that's not a thing. She leaps and turns open. If anything, she clears her hips and gets zero brush interference. (in the Rick Pauly definition)

"extremely accurate" - that's an impressive thing with her. With those mechanics, its pretty incredible how accurate she really is.

last thing to add: everyone can just drop the witch hunt that she plants outside the pitching lane. Yes, Knight's gif shows her doing it, but it is an anomoly based upon what I am seeing watching her pitch a full game. Barnhill is no Carlson in this regard.

Jun 12, 2015
There is *no way* Scarborough doesn't know she's illegal. I think she's just trying to keep her job.

Dec 10, 2012
Waterloo Ontario
I think everyone can see it...My opinion...some people see the hoopla around Barnhill and see it as good for the game so it gets ignored. She strikes batters out with a great rise ball. Should she be called for more illegal pitches...well, I know if my 13 year old DD was pitching like this she would be getting IP calls.

But the so called TV analysis experts (Scarborough, Smith and Kempf) just don't see it. They think we are all ignorant when we say Barnhill is replanting. Florida plays today 1PM(CST). We should bombard Scarborough with twits.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
What upsets me the most is when the mound was at 40 feet the pitcher had the advantage. So to give the advantage back to the hitters they moved the mound back to 43 feet. BUT, some teams found a way to cheat. They need to change the name to South East Cheaters.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
I just hope that Florida does NOT win anything as long as Barnhill is pitching. Sorry for the hate. I tried to tweet Adam Amin but got no reply. We have one more chance (WCWS) for one umpire to call an illegal pitch. Oh great now Aburn is on and Carlson might pitch. Doesn't this illegal pitching nightmare stop.

Feb 17, 2014
Speaking of Gourley, Northwestern's pitcher was just called for an IP because he left foot was off the mound. Every pitch since her foot has been off the mound. The only thing I can tell that was different was with the IP her foot was about a foot behind the rubber. The rest she's only been a couple inches.

Makes no sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi