the cleat problem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
DD likes Adidas' metals. She's speedy and likes a light cleat. She's had several pairs and they've held up longer than Mizunos, which were her brand of choice before Adidas. I've noticed that the pitchers on her TB teams have all worn Ringors.

We've had good luck finding her cleats on Eastbay.com. They have a big selection and the website allows you to narrow your search by size, cleat type, width, color, etc.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
Oh yea I've looked on Eastbay its a great place. So, I'm hearing a lot of people favoring the Ringors because of the pitching toe. I'm not a pitcher though (3B, RF, sometimes C or SS) so I really don't care about the pitching toe. Are Ringors still the best cleat out there for positional players?

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
DD likes Adidas' metals. She's speedy and likes a light cleat.

My DD is a pitcher and her team got everyone matching Adidas' metals. They were light as advertised. First tournament she wore a hole in her right toe from pitching (one of those gravel/limestone fields we have her in Chicago)... then tripped over her own left foot and cut a 1/2 inch gash in her left cleat. The "lightness" came at the expense of durability.

She continued to play in them all fall, holes and all. If the team requires them to wear these all summer she will probably go through four pairs.

Prior to the Adidas she has been a Ringor girl. Never wore out the toe. Just out grew them too often. Luckily since she outgrew them quickly we were able to donate her "gently used" Ringors to younger girls in the organization (molded cleats... not metal)

Jul 14, 2010
New England
DD likes Adidas' metals. She's speedy and likes a light cleat. She's had several pairs and they've held up longer than Mizunos, which were her brand of choice before Adidas.

Ken, do you know what kind of Adidas cleats they are? I know they just worked with Monica Abbott and made the Abbott Pro which are metal. Those are the only Fastpitch adidas metal cleats I've seen. On the men's side, adidas has those nice looking adizero cleats which are about 9 oz, which is crazy light.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
Ken, do you know what kind of Adidas cleats they are? I know they just worked with Monica Abbott and made the Abbott Pro which are metal. Those are the only Fastpitch adidas metal cleats I've seen. On the men's side, adidas has those nice looking adizero cleats which are about 9 oz, which is crazy light.

Ninja, DD is currently wearing some Adi Excelsior 5 Low's which are officially mens but we were able to find a compatible size. I think they've been phased out because they were 75% off last fall. You might still be able to find a pair depending on your size and style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32