Gloveworks gloves ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Anyone have any experience with their Kip leather, and how is the hand stall size in their softball models. Is there anything you wished you would have changed after you got the glove.
Seems they get a lot of good reviews across the internet. Let DD design one a month ago or so, and going to order it for her Birthday. This is a glove for her to use in a year or so, when she moves up to 12u so should have plenty of time to get it broke in. Plan on ordering a 12.25" softball model in their Kip leather. Read somewhere that they seem to run a little small so figured I would do a 12.25 vs 12".

Apr 30, 2018
Do yourself a favor and at least look at Grace gloves. Ordered one end of August for my Daughter's Bday coming up in next couple weeks. Kip leather and definitely the nicest glove I've ever had in my hand. Really looking forward to helping breaking this thing in, going to be a real job.

Looked at Gloveworks, but got turned off by the total price after they added the oversees shipping cost. Don't remember what it was, but it was a lot on top of the glove price.

Grace was $229 and at the time I ordered there was a $40 off end of season sale and free shipping.

May 13, 2021
Do yourself a favor and at least look at Grace gloves. Ordered one end of August for my Daughter's Bday coming up in next couple weeks. Kip leather and definitely the nicest glove I've ever had in my hand. Really looking forward to helping breaking this thing in, going to be a real job.

Looked at Gloveworks, but got turned off by the total price after they added the oversees shipping cost. Don't remember what it was, but it was a lot on top of the glove price.

Grace was $229 and at the time I ordered there was a $40 off end of season sale and free shipping.
They are $229 if you order Kip leather and $40 shipping.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I don't have the Gloveworks in Kip, but my daughter has a Rawlings Pro Preferred in Kip that she loves. It's a little softer and more supple than steer hide or horween, but we have found it holds up really well. I have no reason to believe their Kip would be any different.

May 25, 2021
Gloveworks is great as far as baseball gloves. Tons of options. Their softball gloves seem a lot more...limited. Baseball models work just fine for softball. My daughter has been using one now for a few months and wants another with the new 12" model they have GA304 with welted wingtip and connected back so ordered it for her for Christmas. Have to love it when the kid wants new gloves for a present.

Jun 29, 2023
I kind of think kip is marketing bs. Where are these baby cowhides coming from? I'm sure it's going to be a nice glove but I think you can tan a hide to be firm or soft.

May 13, 2021
I kind of think kip is marketing bs. Where are these baby cowhides coming from? I'm sure it's going to be a nice glove but I think you can tan a hide to be firm or soft.
You may be right, I know almost zero about the process of tanning leather or the actual difference between them.

May 13, 2021
Gloveworks is great as far as baseball gloves. Tons of options. Their softball gloves seem a lot more...limited. Baseball models work just fine for softball. My daughter has been using one now for a few months and wants another with the new 12" model they have GA304 with welted wingtip and connected back so ordered it for her for Christmas. Have to love it when the kid wants new gloves for a present.
For baseball gloves they do have a couple different models to choose from. Softball is just softball model, which is suppose to be a smaller hand stall, and a little wider pocket. I ordered the softball model and requested dual welting, which should make it a little more durable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles