Team Cost for the year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Our team fees this year will be $1500-1800. We will be a first year 16U team and will play @ 6 showcases and 8 regular tournaments. Showcase entrance fees are typically 3-4X a regular tournament, so expect the costs to go up as your DD gets older! We paid $1200 last season for a similar number of tournaments, but fewer showcases.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I paid $850 last year. Looking at $2500 this year. Friend paid $4000 last year for 18G.

Fees go up significantly if the team has paid coaching, which happens frequently at 18G! Not only are you paying for the coaches time and expertise, you also pay their travel expenses. My DD used to play travel volleyball and they had paid coaching even at the younger age groups, so it made travel softball look like a bargain! LOL

Mar 11, 2009
Based in Phoenix AZ second year 14u club/travel team, dues are $150 a month. We pay our own travel, room and board expenses for each trip.
Here is what my DD's fall schedule looks like(*means we will attend):
*TCS in West Covina, CA Oct 4th-6th
*Surf City On Deck Huntington Beach, CA Oct 18th-20th
Either the Diamond Nine in Orlando Nov 1st-3rd or AFC Fall Showcase in San Diego Nov 1st-3rd
*AZ Fro Show in Phoenix AZ Nov 8th-10th
*Firecracker Invitational in Houston Nov 16-17
*So Cal's Finest in Hemet Dec 7th-8th.....
Can't wait for school ball to start in Febuary!!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Second year 14u TB. The team fees this year are $900 which covers new uniforms, bat bag, batting helmet, indoor facilities for winter, outdoor practice facilities and 11-12 tournaments. The alphabet soup nationals or regionals will be an extra charge and all travel expenses will be on our dime. However, if fundraising goes well, we hope to pay the additional charges from those funds.

Feb 13, 2010
North Louisiana
Most teams in North Louisiana pay about $500 team fee and are expected to participate in all fundraising activities. Some of the teams have access to indoor hitting facilities, which the parents help pay for. A few have partnerships that help offset some of those costs. Our team manages to pay for at least one night for the parents while on the road. Typically teams here are playing 4 or 5 tournaments in the fall and another 9-10 tournaments in spring/summer. The destination tournaments at the end of the season typically cost extra.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
First year 12u. Our team fees are $600. That includes 2 uniforms, helmet, and bag. We will play in 16 tourneys in So. IL, So. MO, KY, IN, and Tenn. We will have 2 fundraisers, but anysponsorship money goes towards fee. Indoor practice during winter costs $5/week.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
First year 12u. Our team fees are $600. That includes 2 uniforms, helmet, and bag. We will play in 16 tourneys in So. IL, So. MO, KY, IN, and Tenn. We will have 2 fundraisers, but anysponsorship money goes towards fee. Indoor practice during winter costs $5/week.

How much are the tournaments in your area??? The average ASA tournament here is $450. Which means if you were here, you would be paying $7,200 to play 16 tournaments. There goes the budget.

Our indoor facility fee alone is $6,600 for the year divided amongst 11 families. 600 bucks and you get 16 tournaments. We get indoor training 2x a week.

The west coast is such a rip-off. :mad:

Dec 26, 2010
Last year I paid about 1200 for the whole year and played 4 tourney in the fall and I think 8-9 for the spring and got game/practice jersey.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
$1500 for the year, which includes three fall tourneys and 10 spring tourneys, plus practice shirts, helmets, bags, indoor/outdoor facilities, and all team equipment.

I'm sure it varies greatly with geographical location. Things like indoor facilities are much more expensive here in New York/New Jersey/East PA than in other parts of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish