Team Cost for the year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2010
Just curious to see what everyone is paying for the year and the projected amount of tournaments your team will be playing for the year.

Jun 11, 2013
Last year we paid 110/month. Played in around 17 tournaments. This includes ASA fees, tourney fees, indoor facility fees.etc.

Jun 7, 2013
Colorado
Last year we paid around $1750, for 12 tournaments. This year, we are in a different organization and they want $1150 for 14 tournaments. From what I can tell, the $1750 was right about average compared to all of the other teams in our area, the $1150 for this year is really low. I suspect one or two fees that we paid upfront last year are not included in the initial costs for the new team, so it will probably work out to about the same by the time the season is over.

Upon further reflection, last year's cost included tournament entry fees, uniform/equipment costs, and our share of the organization-owned indoor facility. This year's fees include tournament entry fees, and uniform/equipment costs; the indoor facility fees will be determined later and added in. Neither this year nor last included traveling costs for out-of-state tourneys.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I think you should qualify by stating whether your fees include hotel, air fare, transfers and how many of these per year. DDs cost from 14 to 18 went up 63%.

May 17, 2012
Anything over $1000 seems really really high to me. We came in at $750 and that was for 9 tournaments as I recall. Included in that were two uniforms, indoor training facility, helmets, balls, insurance, etc.

I guess if you are paying your coaches that will inflate the fee.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
At 16u our fees of $600 plus some fundraisers, covered Uniforms practice shirts/shorts, 5 tourneys, plus a 6 week, twice a week doubleheader league that was open to other TB teams.

Apr 1, 2010
I think last year (2nd year 12U) was about $600 in the fall and almost nothing in the the spring (covered by fundraisers--hmm, my family had to partially buy out of one for about $120? and we switched one tournament which cost each family an extra $6). That was 3 jerseys/2 pants, bats, helmets, bat bags, batting gloves, headbands (all nice Worth brand stuff--the team is sponsored by Worth.) and insurance. (DD also got a full set of Worth catcher's gear). The girls had to provide their own gloves, cleats, socks and belts. 4-5 tournaments in the fall and 11-12 tournaments in the spring.

We also had some extra optional hitting sessions that cost $5 apiece for tunnel rental and a couple of optional eight session courses of strength and agility workouts that cost $10 apiece/$80 for each course. Maybe about $900 in fees and optional fees for the year?

We all paid our own way to an out of town tournament too.

This year probably won't be as cheap. We lost the assistant coach who provided our primary indoor and outdoor practice facilities and we'll be going to more out of town tournaments. However, the coaches are trying to cut costs by ordering more stock uniforms and planning more fundraisers, so it might not be too bad. Even if it's several hundred more, it seems like a good deal to me...

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
$850 + uniforms. This is for regional play within 2-3 hours. 15 events, plus scrimmages (umpires fees) and all other costs associated. We also pad the budget (and parents are told so) by roughly 10%. This is for people who loose work or need help discreetly. It allows us to keep families together despite tough times.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
$500 includes uniforms, 10-12 tourneys

In the past:

$1500 included uni and helmet and 10-12 tourneys no out of state;
$2400 included used uni, no helmet, warm up jacket, travel extra, 15 tourneys + mandatory hitting
$1000 included 12 tourneys, 2 uni, helmet, bag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish