Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, thanks

What if the timing mechanism was moved thought wise from the hands (not to say you don't want us them), but instead placed in the rear hip. There was an old statement made on these forums and other placed "Hit the ball with your rear hip". What's your thoughts on that, would it still be tough to time things? @Cannonball you've used that "cue" before right, with success?
Yes, that is a cue I use.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So, in the HLP pattern we want to control the weight with the back leg and avoid weightless.

Yea, I how the rear leg is everything in the HLP pattern.. The pattern I speak of doesn't compromise the rear leg/hip relationship (no limbo).. Limbo only occurs for the hitters who don't move out correctly..

The weightless I speak of has nothing to to do with losing the back leg/hip relationship. The weightless is dynamic during the transition of getting fyb.

gCwrFsM.gif

May 16, 2019
Yea, I how the rear leg is everything in the HLP pattern.. The pattern I speak of doesn't compromise the rear leg/hip relationship (no limbo).. Limbo only occurs for the hitters who don't move out correctly..

The weightless I speak of has nothing to to do with losing the back leg/hip relationship. The weightless is dynamic during the transition of getting fyb.

gCwrFsM.gif
Thanks for the clarification.

Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for the clarification.
Manny comes to full stop at hesitation: Hip is already turned; in TM lingo, leg/hip have already snapped forward; lead foot is already down. Question: what keeps the upper torso back? Why has he not turned the barrel if TM's two engine model is high level? Where is the center of mass when he gets to hesitation? Where does the snap of swing come from now? I do not think it is over the rear leg when he launches.

Subtract the hesitation, you still get his game swing....Explain...

Attachments

• Manny Drill_Hesitation.gif
    Manny Drill_Hesitation.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Manny Drill_w_oHesitation.gif
    Manny Drill_w_oHesitation.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Manny26.gif
    Manny26.gif
    642.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
The pattern I speak of doesn't compromise the rear leg/hip relationship
I know what you mean by this (because you have shown what you mean previously) but alone this statement means nothing..they have a "relationship" even after whatever you are trying to avoid happens...it just isn't the one you want :ROFLMAO: Just from a teaching/explanation purpose I think you need to figure out a different way of saying this..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13