Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No, because this is one station. We have all types of things going on. Typically, we have somewhere in the area of 12-14 stations set up. Hitters are told which ones to do and might be told to skip one or two due to what they need to work on. We have two cages that are 70 feet in length so setting up stations is not hard to do. @mudrunner who used to post here more than he does now has seen some of this work since his dd took lessons from me for a while before COVID. BTW, did you catch that the stork drill that I described was kind of opposite the other drill where the hips were open? Again, working on different things and having hitters understand what their bodies are doing during the swing.

Gotcha. Thanks. Makes sense. Hard to complete 14 hitting drills in a practice and BP? Or do you have it down like clockwork? For my teams it’s 3-4 stations at most w key things I told them to work on individually. More symptoms/causes based practice I guess.

Jun 8, 2016
I know why I would change it. I don’t know why he did.
Found it..

“We made an adjustment real quick with lowering his hands,” Seitzer said. “Because he was up high, and then in the game he’d get higher, and he’d twist and turn and wrap (the bat behind him), and then get real steep to the ball. I mean, he had no chance.”

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Gotcha. Thanks. Makes sense. Hard to complete 14 hitting drills in a practice and BP? Or do you have it down like clockwork? For my teams it’s 3-4 stations at most w key things I told them to work on individually. More symptoms/causes based practice I guess.
We might have all of those stations but I don't think anyone does more than maybe 10. We also set up practice so that when some are hitting in the cage, some are hitting on the field. We move along and do our best to stick to a practice schedule that has just about every minute accounted for. A group might be hitting in the cages/on the field and the rotate order is given. Everyone flips where they are. Some head to the cages and some head to the field.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Found it..

“We made an adjustment real quick with lowering his hands,” Seitzer said. “Because he was up high, and then in the game he’d get higher, and he’d twist and turn and wrap (the bat behind him), and then get real steep to the ball. I mean, he had no chance.”

Yeah. woulda said connection. Same causes imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28